The Shadow

It was a dark Friday night, after walking home from Hockey practice. Joel was with me, and we decided to take a shortcut to my house. Joel was going to spend the night, but I little did we know there was a shadow following us. We were walking for hours until we noticed it. We got to my house and she spent the night. We kept hearing noises in our attic. We thought it was a possum, but we know we were wrong. Early in the morning I went to make breakfast for us, but I heard this scattering noise. Little did I know what it was. I wen't to the attic to check it out. I didn't find anything. I asked Joel if she heard and she said no. "Am I crazy"? I asked myself. "Our you going to my hockey game I asked Joel"? "Yes" said Joel. My team won that night. "I don't think my parents are here" I said. Before I knew Joel started to walk, so I followed her. She took the same way we did yesterday and yet the same thing happened. A shadow started to follow us, Joel didn't know. This time we met us with my buddy Jack. I thought he saw the shadow but I wasn't sure. You could see a dark gloomy shadow in his eye. Joel didn't pay attention to what we said. She was zoned out at something at the back of the alley. She started to speed walk away, then she started to run. We asked where she was going, but there was no answer. We ran after her. Then she turned the corner and she let out a blood curdling scream! I swore everyone heard it all around the block. We turned the corner and Joel was nowhere to be found. I didn't know what to think. Then me and Jack heard some foot steps behind us. You would never have guessed who it was. It was Joel! I gave her a bear hug and asked her what happened. She didn't know what it was but she got attacked by a dark shadow. Then a idea popped up in my head, but I didn't want to say it out loud.