letter 02

Days turned into weeks –

Our relationship got deeper. We were able to get to know each other more. I don't know, I just love talking to her even though I have nothing else to say.

She got promoted at work, and our Mobile Legends ranks got promoted as well – the funny thing, she still uses Eudora.

"Bro, why not take it to the next level?" Dan, our officemate, asked me one time during our field day.

"Hindi pa siya tapos magmahal ng iba. Natatakot ako na hindi ako ang piliin niya. She needs time to heal. Sa ngayon, masaya ako sa kung ano ang mayroon kami." I asnwered him truthfully.

"Edi bilisan mo ng konti, paano kapag bumalik 'yung ex? Or paano kung maunahan ka ng iba?" Honestly, I was worried with what Dan said.

What if she chose him again? Will I be okay?

Rumors started to circulate when our officemates found out that we were seeing each other even on weekends, "Kayo na ba?" our officemates would always ask us about our label.

We both could not answer, we were happy and that's more than enough, for now.

Weeks turned into months –

We were at the park, sitting on the bench by the tree, "You know what," she started to break the silence between us, "they always say that eye contact is more intimate than words will ever be..." she paused for a while.

I tried to gain all the confidence that I have, I took a deep breath, "then, let me look straight into the window of your soul." I looked at her eyes, "I love you." there, I finally said it.

Again, there was silence between us, she looked at me and laughed "I know, matagal na. I can see it in your eyes..." she paused, "I love you too." but this time, she was serious.

Months turned into years and before we knew it, it had turned into love – the real kind of love.

It was Saturday night, we were walking under the moonlight when I finally asked her, "Will you be my date?"

She was so confused, "Date? Saan? Awards Night sa office?"

I took the small box from my pocket, took out the ring and on bended knee, I asked her "Will you be my date to our wedding? Because I can't imagine growing old with someone else. Will you marry me?"

Tears were starting to fall from my eyes, my vision became slightly blur but I can clearly see that she was covering her mouth with her hands, her eyes were filled with happy tears, "Yes. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

The stars and the moon were the witnesses to our love and promises for each other.