letter 03

Time went by so fast

Time went by so fast. We got married in her dream wedding church – Our Lady of Lourdes in Tagaytay.

It was an intimate and romantic church wedding with shades of blue.

I was the happiest man and she was the loveliest bride.

I cried happy tears, my bestman was right behind me, patting my back. When the door opened, I saw Ianne, she was so perfect – that's my wife, the mother of my children, and my future.

Right from that moment, I knew that our love was going to be perfect.

"Ian, ikaw na ang bahala sa prinsesa namin" this was her father's words to me before he gave Ianne's hand to me. "Opo. Pangako."

"Julian Daniel Torrico, do you take, Adrianne Denise Sacueza, for your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do you part?" the presiding priest started to ask me this question, and I'm very sure of my answer, "Yes. I do."

It was Ianne's turn to answer, I was so nervous, it took her 10 seconds to say "I do." Even the guests waited for her answer, she can be crazy sometimes.

"Julian Torrico, receive this ring as a symbol of my love and fidelity..." Ianne gently places the ring to my finger, "In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."

The ring perfectly fits to our ring finger, it's beautiful.

The priest told us to say our personal vow to each other, I've been preparing myself for this. I didn't sleep well the night before the wedding trying to string all the words that I wanted to tell her.

"Ianne," I paused for awhile, took a deep breath, and looked straight at her, "The day I met you, I found my purpose. I found my missing piece, Ianne, you complete me. I may not be the first man in your life but I want to be the last man you ever loved. I may not be the first man who made you feel worthy and loved but from this day forward, I want to be the only one to make you feel that you are deserving to be loved. I love you and I can't wait to spend my every sunrise with you." A tear fell to the paper, I fold it back and placed it to my pocket.

She held my hands and mouthed, i love you.

It was now her turn, her maid of honor gave her the paper where she wrote her vows, my heart started to beat a little faster, I must be excited to hear her vows.

"Ian, sa totoo lang hindi ko alam kung paano ko pagdudugtungin ang mga salita na alam ko para malaman mo kung gaano ako nagpapasalamat kasi pinagtagpo tayo. Mahalaga ka sa akin dahil sa lahat ng mga naging desisyon ko sa buhay, ikaw ang pinakatama. Palagi kong iniisip na I must have done something right para mahalin ng isang katulad mo." Her voice started shaking, she was about to cry

"You made me appreciate the little things in life – the flowers, the bench by the tree where we usually sit, the stars, the moon, sunrise, sunset, and everything else in between."

Her tears are slowly falling down, "Mahal, I promise you that I will continue to do my best in every day of my life to be deserving of your love. And I promise to love you and our future little Ian and/or Ianne everyday until the last sunset of my life."

When the priest told me that I can now kiss my bride, I felt like I was the happiest and the luckiest man. I will take care of this woman in everyday of my life.

Everything was so perfect – it was surreal.