12. Brunch

The next day, my head under my pillow, I instinctively reach for Jackson next to me. Duh, he's not there and if he was, what would it change? I hate it when my subconscious does things to me. I text JayB to tell him what happened the day before. I usually check in with him everyday but yesterday being so eventful, I totally forgot and he didn't send any texts either so they must be busy. I tell him about the photoshoot and the car and Sehun... well not too much about Sehun. I don't want him to worry about me getting my feelings hurt and I know he's not gonna believe me if I tell him I'm fine.

I jump in the shower and get ready, grabbing a quick cup of coffee. I'll get breakfast with Seunil on campus. In the bus, I get a text back from Jay, one from Jackson and one from an unknown number. I check them.

[Jay: Glad your first day went well. How are you feeling after the car incident? I wish I was there.

[Me: I'm okay, don't worry. I'm on my way to campus.

[Jay: Results today! Let me know once you have them.

[Me: Will do. Have a nice day xx

[Jay: You too. XXX

Aww... He remembered today was my results day. How sweet. Let's see, next message. I am already dreading it. To be honest I shouldn't feel like that. I should be excited to get a message from him. I'm just... not in the mood. Maybe it's because of Sehun, he made it feel so easy. Why does it have to be so complicated with Jackson... I mean okay, I live with them and basically with him; and we sleep in the same bed but are not together; and we've slept together but haven't spoken about it; and JayB is bothered that his best friend would not talk about it with him should something happen... simple situation right?... Oh god, it's a mess.

[Jackson: We are back in two days. I don't think I can wait that long to talk to you. Can I call you now?

[Me: I'm busy rn. Then I have to go to work and won't get home until past your bed time. I can call you tomorrow.

[Jackson: Fine.

Well that was short. I'm kinda scared. Why am I scared? Last message. I feel excited. It has to be him right?

[??: Morning. It's Sehun. I just wanted to say thanks for last night. It was great to meet you and to... you know.

[Me: Morning. Yes it was and... I know... it was very nice.

[Sehun: You have my phone number now, if you ever need... a model for your work.

[Me: Of course, I know who to call. Thanks for offering your services so generously.

[Sehun: Oh it's not free, I'll send you my fees, lol. But we can maybe come to some arrangements.

[Me: I'll have to see lol. Have a nice day.

[Sehun: I will now.

Sehun's texts put me in a very good mood. I arrive on campus and make my way to my department's notice board. Most students are either in the way trying to see their results, crying or jumping for joy on the side. I eventually get to the front and see that I passed with special recommendations. Three of us seem to have been graced of such recognition. I am so pleased! I'm about to text Jay and then realise I should probably phone my brother first. After being praised by him on the phone and arranging to have dinner with them tonight to celebrate, I text Jay, but he immediately FaceTimes me.

JB: Oh congratulations! I'm so pleased for you! He cheers with the widest grin and eye smile.

Y: Thanks, I say timidly. Where are you guys?

JB: We are rehearsing. Guys, Yujin passed with special recommendations! Highest praise!

BB: Yeah girl! Well done.