PRELUDE

P R E L U D E.

It is silent tonight in the city. No cars are roaming around, and neither do people. The only thing we hear is the heavy breaths we share as we run along the empty streets.

I hate this night. The police aren't patrolling in the city, which is why we can't call for any help. I know that I shouldn’t blame any of them, but I am just scared that "they" might do something bad to us—probably even kill us.

We should've never left that place. We should've stayed in that place, being protected and guarded by the armored soldiers. If we really did that, we shouldn't have been running for our lives, just like what we are doing right now.

"Kassie, duck!" Kyle—my twin—shouted as a blazing purple dagger is thrown from behind me. I then quickly avoid the dagger, making me launch towards the cold ground. The dagger then hit the light post, and within seconds, vanished out of thin air.

I then turn my head and sees a cat-like girl running towards our direction with another purple dagger in her hand. Cat Fury, one of the members of the group called Deadly Weapons, is now hunting us for days. I don't know what their reason is, but as far as I know, if we get caught, we will be as good as dead.

Cat Fury, like me, has a gift too. She can teleport things, and even people, to other places if they are hit by her blazing purple weapons, exaclty like the dagger she is using to us right now. I'm sure that she will teleport us straight to the place where the other members of the Deadly Weapons are hiding so that they can ambush us easily.

"Fuck you, shit brain!" Kyle shouts as a bolt of lightning crawls from his shoulder down to his hand. He looks at Cat Fury with a fierce eyes and fires his electricity towards Cat Fury. But before it could even strike her, she managed to vanish it by teleporting it to another direction... towards my brother's back.

I know that it won't really hurt him, but after seeing my brother grunt and fall on the ground, I am shocked, staring at Cat Fury with disbelief.

"You two! Aren't you tired from running and hiding?!" I quickly turn and look at the green bat who shapeshifts into an ugly green-looking man. It is Animus, another member of the Deadly Weapons. He can shapeshift himself into different creatures, adding more trouble for both of us.

Oh great! In a minute from now. The other members of the Deadly Weapons will be here too!

"K-Kasie" I look at my brother and hoisted him up by his shoulders to help him stand. He wraps an arm around my shoulder for support. He leans closer to his mouth so that he can whisper to my ear, "Kassie, I have a plan. I'm not truly hurt... but stick with it."

My eyes brighten after my brother has said that on my ear. He whispers to me his plan in getting out from this mess, and I think his plan will be our only chance to escape.

"You two! Don't talk if we can't hear you!" I look back at Animus who is now shapeshifting into a sabertooth tiger. He growls on us, revealing his two huge canines. "You always escape from us. But this time, it won't happen again!" He then starts running towards us and jumps to attack, but then, a flash of a light suddenly appears, and after that, Animus is lying unconscious on the ground.

"So you think you're lightning-resistant?" my brother says with his two hands facing outward. He then faces Cat Fury with another lightning running produced from his hand. "Both of you and all of the other  members of your group, leave us alone!" he shouts as he produces a stronger wave of electricity.

Instead fear showing on Cat Fury's face, she just looks at us with a devilish grin. "Kyle Grant, I know that both of you don't have any idea on what your parents did to our organization. The two of them limped our group, and that's why we can't handle any missions or plans right now, because the only thing running in our minds is for our group to keep going."

Kyle clicked his tounge disapprovingly, "What the hell do we care about your group?! We have our own lives, and you should have your own!" He clasps his hands together and releases all of the electricity that he had stored on his palm. He looks back at Cat Fury, and with all force, he fires the electricity towards her.

But before it hits her, she manages to teleport it away from her again. And we’re not pissed off when she did that, because the original plan is...

"Leave us alone!" I scream as I run towards her to grab her leg. Stealing all her energy, imitating her gift and duplicating her daggers. I grin at her after feeling the effect of the energy that I have stolen from her—it’s like a burning flame inside my body, and I can't help but want some more.

She releases a loud wail and kicks me hard in the stomach, I let out a grunt and step backward, releasing her from my grip. "Parasite and healing. The ability of yours is the one wanted by our master," she says while nursing her neck that is still surely aching. She sounds weak judging by the way she speaks, and that is the after-effect of my ability. The kind of pain similar to losing of blood or energy from your body.

I grit my teeth and summon a dagger from my hand. It slowly came out from my palm and I was quite uneasy by the tingling sensation it gives me. "He wants me?!" I ask her rhetorically and point the blazing purple dagger teasingly to myself, "Well, he'll never get me, or any of us!" I throw the dagger to my brother, and in just a snap, he is teleported to another place I am not very sure of, but at least he has left this dangerous place.

"Wrong move," Cat Fury says with a taunting smile. She steps backward and raises her hand. Her eyes then glows purple, and large purple holes then appears around her. "Your brother never learned. He always uses his power in a wrong way, leaving you in trouble!"

I look at the holes that she has made and am shocked after the lightning from my brother which was fired to her earlier appears from a a different hole. My eyes widen after realizing what is exaclty going on and figuring out her plan.

"You shouldn't have teleported your brother away from this place. If you did that, he must be saving you right now." She starts teleporting the lightning towards different holes, and my heart beats fast after a purple hole suddenly appears in front of me.

I then step backward and put my hands in front of my chest. I inhaled some air to calm myself down and summon another dagger in my hand. After the dagger is complete, I quickly stab myself with the dagger making my body filled with purple lights.

"Bitch!"

I shout and howl after I am wraped by the painful electricity running through my body that is being teleported together with me.

A few seconds later, I fall on soft grass as I cry out in pain. I grip the grass to stop myself from shaking. I manage to look around the place I am teleported in, but after seeing a huge building, everything went black...

 + + +

Vote. Fan. Promote. Comment.