Chapter 34: Good Morning

And sure enough only two days later Jordan woke up. At first he had a similar reaction to me. At the time I was heavily sleeping but apparently he had a little breakdown asking where I was like I did with him.
They woke me up after that though to talk to him.
I reached out my bandaged hand over the side of my bed. Our beds were fairly close together. He reached out his hand and held mine tightly.
After the doctors ran a few tests on him they left us alone.
"How's your leg?" I asked him.
"Can't feel a thing." He says with a smile.
"What a strong boy you are." I say poshly.
"Nah," he laughs, "they actually numbed the nerves in my leg with pain killers."
"Oh" I say and I join him laughing.
"How's you head?" He asked me after a while.
"Sore. But I guess that's expected since there's a big crack in it somewhere." I joked. He chuckled.
"How long was I asleep for?" He asked me.
"Well they said I was asleep for two days and you woke up two days after I did. So I'm gonna say about four days."
"Woah," he said astonished.
I nodded in agreement, "and you should probably take a shower soon 'cause you stink really badly," he laughs at my comment.
"Aw, it's cute that you think I was joking." I saw while pinching my nose. He pouts and I crack up laughing. He joins me after a while.
"You two are so cute!" I hear a voice say from the doorway. I turn my head slowly to the left and see my mum. She's swooning over us. I roll my eyes. Jordan lets go of my hand so I can hug my mum. She comes over and squeezes me tightly.
"I love you so much," she says.
"I love you too mum," she starts squeezing me too tightly, "dying here..." I say out of breath. She lets go and I take a deep breath. I freely move my arms.
She laughs and shakes her head at her ridiculous child. I see Jordan laugh too.
Then mum walks over to Jordan and gives him a tight hug too. I'm a bit surprised at first. I know Jordan doesn't really have real parents since he was adopted not long ago and I told my mum that a while ago but I didn't realize she remembered that. After she finished hugging hi she knelt down next to his bed and stroked his head like she used to do to me when I was younger.
"Jordan honey, if you need anything, I'm always here for you okay?" She says in her comforting mummy voice. He nods and she gets up, as she leaves she blows us both kisses.
I turn to look at Jordan who is smiling. It's a nice warm smile. "I like your mum." He says softly.
I nod, "me too." I snap my fingers in his face, "but your dating me, not my mum." He laughs and holds my hand again.
"I know," he says and he plants a small little kiss on the back of my hand.