Chapter 5

The two had just finished their dinner. The atmosphere between them just got quieter than usual and Last Name doesn't like it one bit when the moment is too awkward for her liking. This is exactly why she dislikes the idea of being alone with the red head but still went on to invite him for dinner even that is the case.

Both had locked gazed for more than a minute now. None had the guts to utter a word after the sudden confession of the red head. But Last Name couldn't take the quietness much longer.

"Akashi-san?" Hesitant to continue, Last Name had averted her gaze and waited for the male to speak.

"It's sudden and out of nowhere did that confession came from. But believe me when I say I really am in love with you."

Last Name know he is sincere with his words though she doesn't know how to respond to his confession. They might have met a couple of times and spend a few of it alone but still she isn't able to form her response to this man before her.

"I'm sorry but I don't feel the same way, Akashi-san."

"You don't have to. But I want to tell you this, I'm not going stop right here. I would like to pursue you, Last Name-san. If you'll allow me, will you let me court you?" Akashi had expected that answer, but true to his words he ain't stopping here. He had taken into consideration that this lady right here, this woman he aims to make his, is not an easy catch and will surely make her fall in love with him in no time. He swears on that.

"Court, you say?"

"Yes. Will you grant me this chance to prove myself to you? I'll definitely make you fall in love with me." Akashi was still holding on to Last Name's hands, not letting go, nor does he even plans to now.

Now that he had made this start he'll definitely not ending it. Not ever.

Last Name was quiet, not uttering a word at all. She just observed on how Akashi is holding her hands, fiddling with her fingers.

"I'll take your silence as a yes. From now on you'll receive more than just love from me." Kissing her knuckles, totally pointing out how he'll shower her with gifts and affection now that he'll be pursuing the lady.

AKASHI SEIJURO

"How's a date tomorrow sounds?" Akashi had stayed in Last Name's apartment longer than he intended. A few words were already shared between the two.

"I don't think I will be available tomorrow, Akashi-san."

"Oh, and why is that?"

"I still have to present the revisions of my proposal to Toei-san on Monday. And I only got tomorrow's time to work on it."

"I understand. Maybe next time then. I'll take you anywhere you want."

"Is that so. Then I guess I don't mind going with you." Don't take her wrong, she was just simply being considerate for Akashi. She couldn't protest against his plan on courting her. She had just took upon consideration that maybe, just maybe, after a year of being afraid to love, now is the time she'll open her heart for someone that'll be worthy of her.

While Akashi was overjoyed with her statement, he had already planned out a perfect first date for the both of them in his mind. What is left is to put it to action and also the time that Last Name will be available.

"I'm excited to spend time with her."

Realizing it's getting late, Akashi had decided go home. Calling on Inukai who had his own time going around the city.

"Thank you for the dinner, Last Name. It was great, I loved every bit of it. Have a goodnight." Akashi bid his goodbye, leaving a kiss on Last Name's forehead.