4| Only if I could find one for myself.

"Lolo if you aren't here within the next five minutes, I'm going in eating the food and leaving the bill in your name", I screamed into the phone.

"Oh my god, you are a headache I'm only 2 minutes late and I'm almost there give me a minute", Logan replied and continued; "Anyway I can see you and you look gorgeous".

"You can compliment me later, I'm hungry right now and I will eat your head if I don't get food"

"You do that every day so that's not new", Logan spoke from behind me; "Let's go now"

It's been two weeks since I started working and yesterday I was given my first client project. The past two weeks have been a dream and they were spent understanding how to office operates and sitting in meetings to learn. Its Saturday today and Logan and I are out celebrating my first project. I have made a couple friends at the firm but it's been rocky. Some of my colleagues have been more welcoming than others, some are jealous I got this job so easily and others of my friendship with Logan but it's not like I didn't expect that. Its only 2 weeks so we'll see how this goes after a couple more weeks when these people have gotten to me and warmed up to me better.

Logan and I have lunch together every day and he takes me to these new places everyday keeping in mind that I'm a vegetarian and fortunately he doesn't mind eating that with me. Apparently Logan's mom ate vegan food and used to try all kinds of weird diets so he was used to it. On weekends we would go around the neighbourhood and Logan would take me to these new places like a tour guide. Lolo had become my tour guide/ best friend/ colleague since he was the only one I knew here.

"So what are we doing tomorrow?" I asked digging into my risotto.

"What do you want to do Sammy, I have got all the time in the world", Logan said as he ate his pasta.

"That you do. How about you come over tomorrow and for once try Indian food. Ill cook and I promise you will love it", I said getting excited about making Lolo try gujrati & Indian food.

"Sure we can go grocery shopping in the morning and then I can help you cook maybe"

The night went by quickly as Logan and I joked around eating a lot of food. He dropped me off at my loft which was walking distance from the restaurant but he insisted. Such a gentleman only if I could find one for myself, but not really. I didn't have jet lag anymore but I did have mild insomnia and some cases of homesickness. I would try to talk to my family as often as possible but the time difference was too big so usually either I was sleeping or they were. The same with Mini as you may remember my best friend. It's all new considering I've never been away from home this long and this is only the beginning.

Its anew day and it's time for traditional food. I dressed up in sweats and a large t-shirt, cause in the end this is still a lazy Sunday. I had some coffee and toast for breakfast while thinking of what should be made for lunch. It is 10 o'clock right now and Logan is supposed to meet me at 11am and we're supposed to go grocery shopping first. I met Lolo at the store to pick the ingredients to make Undhiyu and dhokla with some rotis. Undhiyu is basically like mix vegetable but with a Gujarati twist to it and dhokla was made of fermented rice and chickpea batter, it is extremely soft and usually eaten as a snack. Roti was basically Indian bread.

 Roti was basically Indian bread

We got back from store and I cooked as Logan stood on my head asking me a bunch of questions, not helping me at all

We got back from store and I cooked as Logan stood on my head asking me a bunch of questions, not helping me at all. Dancing and goofing around kitchen we made up these very tasty dishes. Fortunately Lolo can handle his spices well otherwise we wouldn't be able to eat together. Being an Indian is really high but Logan isn't that far behind I would say. We watched a couple of movies as we had lunch and snacks later on. Logan licked his plate clean at lunch; well at least my efforts weren't a waste. He made me promise him that I would make at least one traditional meal a week; this was going to a long process. Logan was easy to be around and I was happy I had at least one friend I could rely on here. I liked but not like romantic stylez. He would also talk a lot about his best friend, Lucas as would I about Mini. Lolo left around 7pm.

I cleaned around the apartment and retired to bed early. All that cooking and cleaning up around the apartment had me tired. I called up my family and talked to everybody and was almost in tears by the end of the video call but I never liked crying in front of people and tried to keep a strong front for them. Next I called Mini to rant about everything but the call was cut short because of her work calls. Ugh!!!! I hated this not being able to rant.

My alarm beeped so loudly that I almost threw my phone at the wall thankfully since I wouldn't be able to get a new one. I had a shower washed my hair, which is so tiring put on another pantsuit and decided to dry and braid my hair today. I loved braiding my hair in different ways and it was one of the reasons I could never get a large haircut. I had way more files today and decided to take taxi so I didn't lose any; I needed to get a large bag to carry all these files every day.I thought of waiting for Logan but with all files in my hand I decided otherwise. I walked into the building and towards the elevator.

THUDD!!!

The files fell onto the floor as someone banged into me. Why does this always happen to me, I thought. I was even paying attention this time. I looked up as I picked the files.

"YOU AGAIN?!" I screamed.

________________________________________________________________

Hello my lovelies !!

I hope your quarantine is going well. I started my online lectures with college and classes so I've been busy. I'm sorry for the late updates still. If you noticed the reference then comment.

Anways go ahead and vote and comment on my book!

And send me character recommendations on who you think will look good.

Au revouir.
You know you love me.
Xoxo.....