11| Disclaimer: She's not happy

We moved down the stairs slightly tipsy. We slip in among the crowd, a bee line for the bar. Another shot later I'm ready to move with the music, hands in the air, body moving like an uncoiling rope, eyes on fire. The joy is like a shot of adrenaline to the heart and all at once I'm moving, one with the music, one with every crazy person dancing in this place. The music was so loud that it made my skin tingle and my lungs feel like mush. The bass thumped in time with my heart beat as though they were one, filling me from head to toe with music. I liked this song. As the song changed to 'DJ got us falling in love again', a wave of nostalgia came over and I pulled Lucas towards the floor smiling at him slyly as he left his bar stool.

"I don't dance ", Lucas whispered in my ear, trying to be heard over the blaring sound of the music.

"Tonight you do", still grinning at him.

I grabbed Lucas's hands trying to get him to move with him. We swayed from side to side. The contagious smile not leaving our lips, just getting wider. I turned my body away from him, my back to his chest. I moved my body side to side in sync with his slowly. As his hand grabbed my hips hesitantly, the alcohol gave him the courage to do it. Ah the things liquid courage does to you,I leaned back my head on him. The neon lights illuminating only our slightly sweaty faces. I turned my body towards him raising my head to look at him and locking my hands on the back of his neck noticing a different type of glaze over his eyes, an indescribable look. We both kept looking at each other for what felt like forever, none of us ready to break the moment fearing what might happen until.

"LUKEY AND SAMMY, come here Let's do another round", Logan's loud voice boomed as he screamed in our ears and the moment has passed.

We both passed a small cough trying to gain our composure. We hadn't even noticed Logan near us, he had disappeared when we came down and was nowhere seen until now. Logan was so drunk he couldn't even walk straight, I looked over at Lucas trying to signal him to take Logan away from the bar counter and out of this club. He was done for the night. Lucas nodded his head as we took logan towards the exit. He kept whining about us taking him away from his 'precious babies, his drinks'. Lucas called his driver to drop off Logan home. We put Logan into the car and walked away from the club. Lucas and I had sobered up enough but were still slightly buzzed from the last effects and definitely not capable of driving.

"You should catch a cab, it'll be easier to get one here than near the loft", I said, turning to face him both of us forgetting like the scene in the club ever happened.

"You really dont think I'm letting you walk home alone or get into a cab alone at 2 in the night ", Lucas spoke with complete sincerity and disbelief.

"I know how to defend myself", I say slowly not wanting to be a burden on anyone.

"Shut up, you want to walk or take a cab"

"Lets walk it'll sober us up and then i wouldn't be so concerned about putting you in a cab"

"Soooo "

"So my legs are really paining and I'm gonna take off my heels. I'll walk barefoot", I take off my heels and hold them in my other hand while Lucas takes them from my hand.

"You want me to carry you m'lady ?"

"No, it's a short walk I can manage ", Lucas pulls me closer to him by the shoulder and holds me there as we continue to walk slowly crossing the street.

"Hey sexy you want to come over.", a guy catcalled whistling at me.

"Hey, I can show you a better time than him."

Some boys had started following us a while back but I ignored it as it was the usual and we were just a block away from my apartment it didn't make sense to engage with these fools. I tugged on Lucas's hand as we sped up a little feeling the men behind us.

"Come one you can share her with us man. Don't keep her all to yourself"

Before I could process what happened Lucas had punched the guy straight in the face, breaking his nose. Blood started gushing from the catcaller's nose. The second guy stepped forward and before he could hit Lucas he had already held his hand and punched him twice in the stomach. I put a hand on his shoulder still looking horrified. We moved away silently going around the corner quickly towards my loft. I noticed Lucas's knuckles which were slightly bruised from the fight. I was still in shock to say anything so I just grabbed his hand and moved to the elevator. Opening the front door I guided him towards the bathroom to fix his hand. I was still silent. Lucas leaned against the counter as I brought the first aid kit. The silence was deafening. I felt Lucas's eyes on me trying to figure out what I was thinking as I applied the ointment on his knuckles.

"Are you going to say something or just not talk to me?", Lucas broke the silence.

"You shouldn't have done that.", I simply stated shaking my head at him still looking at his hand.

"What? They were catcalling at you, saying all these things and you just wanted me to nothing and ignore them", His disbelief evident in his voice.

"They could've had a weapon, you could've gotten hurt. And this kind of thing has happened to me and almost every woman I know multiple times. You just ignore and move quickly. Today if you would've gotten hurt it would've been my fault", I say slowly still not meeting his eyes. I get shocked and scared everytime it happens followed by an anxiety attack. With Lucas here i couldn't just breakdown atleast not yet.

"Hey look at me come on, nothing happened to me i'm alright and we both are fine. Come here", I looked up at him and pulled me into a hug and that was all it took for the waterworks to start, "God. Every time I think I understand how bad it is, it's just way worse than I imagined."

He held me like this for i don't know how long before i started to pull away and looked up at him

"Do you want a sandwich?"

"Yes but i'm making it ", Cassie said as we moved out of the bathroom towards the kitchen.