Buying Her

(At Toys R Us )

"Hey mom can we buy this doll, she looks really pretty." Claire honey, that dolly looks kind of scary and worn out, don't you think?
(Whiney voice) But I want it, I want it, I want it!! Ok honey get it and let's go to the counter. During the car ride home, I named my doll Samantha.. "We will be best friends forever Samantha." "When we get home, I will put some new clothes on you."
That night when Claire was asleep, she heard a scratching noise on her door. "Oh it's just Olly, her cat she thought". But the scratching became louder and more intense. "Stop it Olly"!! Then her cat came and sat up on her bed beside her. The scratching kept on going on and on, and Claire ran to her mom and told her that she heard stuff on her door. "Mommy there is someone at my door",Claire whimpers. Mabye it was just Olly sweetie. "But Olly was on my bed". Mommy can I sleep with you today. "Of course Claire honey" "Come here" an eerie voice said. "Come play with me" the voice said again. "Mommy, someone is talking to me". "Honey it's just your dream, go back to sleep, you have school tomorrow ". After her mom went to sleep, Claire followed the sound and ended up with her doll. "Samantha I though you were In my room, what are you doing here"?! "Play with me, Samantha said with a scratchy voice"! "Aahhhh mommy, the doll is talking!!!" Samantha stood up and walked away before Claire's mom could come. "What's the matter honey?" "The doll, it..it.. Was talking", Claire stutters. "Honey I will check the house, you go back to my room". When Claire got in bed, she felt something move beside her. It was Samantha, the doll. "Don't say anything or scream, or else", Samantha whispers. "How are you moving"? "The doll leaves right after Claire's mom is about to enter the room. "Mommy Samantha was right here a second ago, I promise!"