𝟒|the fire escape

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

"That was amazing," Luce gushed as they all got off the bus back at school at the end of the day. "I mean, I've been to Oscorp, but I've never gotten to tour their laboratories before."

"It was definitely impressive," Foster agreed after saying goodbye to Diego. "You missed Parker running out. Dude looked like he was gonna hurl."

Thinking back, Luce did remember that he looked a bit off. Maybe that explained why.
"It must've been serious for him to leave early. I hope he's okay."

"I'm sure the guy will be fine," Foster scoffed, shifting his backpack on his shoulder. "Gwen said she saw you talking to Norman Osborn, is that true?"

Luce almost considered saying no, but she also knew that Foster would know that she was lying. "Yes, but only because I wanted to know if he was doing anything to help my dad."

"And?"

"He said he wouldn't because my dad didn't want his help."

Foster took a moment before he continued, hesitant, "Maybe that's just how it is, then, Luce. Your dad is a smart guy, he knows what he's doing and what he's giving up to help you. Why don't you let him?"

Luce chose to skip over the question when she saw that they were close to the bus stop. "I promised Evangeline that I'd help her go over her lines for her audition next week."

Foster gave the girl a quick hug, before beginning to walk away. "Are we still on for Friday Flicks?"

"When do we ever miss it? I'm hosting, so it's your turn to pick the movie this week, remember?"

He barely looked over his shoulder when he responded, "Awesome, we're watching 'Die Hard'. You better have good snacks; movie-worthy snacks."

"We watched 'Die Hard' last month. Pick something new, won't you?"

"It's a classic," he mumbled.

Luce laughed and shook her head at him before getting on the bus. She took a seat towards the back at one of the windows, watching the school move as the bus started to roll. Opening her bag she pulled out her earphones with plans to listen to music on the way home, when her phone started to ring.

Reading the screen, she rolled her eyes, chuckling to herself as she answered the phone. "Yes, Foster?"

"So really no 'Die Hard'?"

❋❊❋

When Luce got to the building that her family lived in, she said goodbye to Foster once more before making the climb up the stairs to their floor. She had texted Evangeline on her way up, and she was just now coming down the stairs. They met up fairly regularly, given that Evangeline's family lived on the floor above the McClairs.