o n e

My head was about to fucking explode. The music was terrible and way too loud, I really had to stop going to parties Victoria dragged me to. Speaking of her, where the hell was that bitch? She always begs me to come with here like she can't survive without me, but somehow she always leaves me alone.

Here's the story: I hate people, Victoria, my best- and only friend, loves people. The only thing I like about people is their parties, when they're good. Victoria and I both worked at McDonalds, you can already guess that I don't say a word to my colleagues. Victoria does, way too much. Because of that, our manager Logan invited us to some lame ass party. I did not want to go since I do not like any of our colleagues, but Vic insisted.

And here I am, being the lost puppy. I could talk to anyone if I wanted to, but I didn't like meeting new people. Not liking people wasn't even my attitude, I wasn't a wanna be human hater. I know when someone is really nice or they're just being nice to get something they want, and most of the time they just want something. I didn't care about it anyway, having Victoria was enough for me. She was a handful, we lived together in a small apartment and believe me that can be hard.

Enough about me not liking human beings. As I said, the music was very loud and not even good, I wanted to get some fresh air. I made my way through all the sweaty and dancing people, entering the garden which was pretty empty, just a few people smoking.

It made me remember that I had some blunts with me and it didn't sound bad at all to smoke one. I could have some alone time like that. I put the blunt on my lip, going through my purse trying to find a lighter. It took me a while, but realized that I didn't have one with me. Great, of course Vic had the lighters with her. I did not want to go back inside to find her just so I could get a lighter, I'd rather go home.

The only option I had was asking the people that were outside to smoke as well. Did I want that? Definitely not. Did I have to? Unfortunately, yes. So I walked up to them. It was a small
group, I think they were with seven. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

"Hey, can I ask you guys something?" I asked, politely. I had a few drinks but I wasn't even close to being drunk, most of the people that were outside at this moment were. That's why I already regretted asking the group of people because they were hella annoying. But they said it was okay if I asked them.

"Can I borrow a lighter for a sec? My friend has mine and I lost her."

"Of course, here you go." One of them said, it was a boy. I smiled thankful and reached out to take the lighter, but the guy took it back, smirking. Here we go, I thought while rolling my eyes. "But not that easy."

"Dude, that's Alexi Vasquez." Someone 'whispered', but everyone could hear. Yeah, I was known. God may know why, I never talked to a lot of people at parties, but honestly, I was at many parties. Maybe that's why. People really made a big deal about me talking to them because I never talked much.

"Hurry up, please." I said, making sure my face seemed everything but satisfied.

"A pretty lady like you can pay for my lighter with a kiss." This is exactly why I hate people, how can you like them when they are like this? Going home sounded great right now.

"You're kidding, right?" I scoffed. I could already read the faces from the people that knew me. I forgot about that, I was known for being cold. If you didn't show any respect, the consequences were yours.