i

Allaryce woke up at 6 a.m. in order to prepare herself for her first day of work in the hospital. Taking her breakfast, – which was made of some pancakes and a cup of tea –a shower, brushing her teeth and her hair and changing her clothes, that's what she did.

She was stressed and excited at the same time. She finally could have a noble job so as to attend university next year (she didn't have much money for it, that's why she didn't join any university after graduating).

Once in the hospital, she was marveled by the structure of the medical center and its professionalism.

"Oh, Miss Scarlett, I was waiting for you," the secretary welcomed her with a radiant smile. "Follow me, I will show you your service."

The blonde girl nodded in response and walked by her side. She was surprised to – already – find her name in a tag on a case. The secretary disappeared after wishing her good luck.

"You're new?" a redheaded asked her, making her gasp.

"Um, yes," she responded irritated.

"Relax." She laughed. "My name's Cassidy, but you can call me Cassie."

"I'm Allaryce," she faked a smile to seem more polite.

This Cassie helped her discover the place. She was a talkative kind of girl, which caused a headache to Allaryce; but being the nice, calm and graceful girl that she was, she didn't say anything.

At exactly 11, she had to feed the persons hospitalized in the orthopedic service. She entered one of the rooms with trays in her sweaty hands. The first bed was empty, in the second lay a young adult, his curls covering his forehead. Their eyes locked for a brief moment. She hoped her timidity would fly away.

He sat difficultly, leaning against the bed's head. His wonderful sculpted torso wasn't covered anymore. Allaryce put the plate and sat in a chair beside him. She was intimidated by the way he was looking at her.

"What are you doing?" he asked, staring at her.

"I-I ... well." She looked down at her lap. "I'm trying to help you."

"Listen." He cleared his throat. "I don't need any help, especially not yours." He furrowed his eyebrows.

Avoiding any argument with a boy – this boy, she nodded her head and got up, letting him alone once more. Praying that the rest of her day would be better, she continued working.

She found Cassie, or should I've said, the latter found her, easily, in the cafeteria. The two girls were chatting in order to know more about each other. They were talking about the hospital in general, not forgetting to mention the blond guy from earlier.

"His name is Ashton," the redheaded said. "Both his legs are paralyzed. He's very obstinate, a real pig head. He rarely ever talks and if he does, you can consider yourself lucky."

Allaryce exhaled the bunch of air she was keeping and swallowed her salad. She didn't need to know more about him, she also didn't need to feel special because she had talked to him. This first day was a bit tiring, in her point of view.

"Be delighted, we're free this afternoon," Cassie added, adjusting her ponytail. "We can hang out in the garden, the people hospitalized adore this. Plus, it's nice and –"

"It seems cool."

Cutting someone off wasn't one of her habits, but, hey, we're talking about the talkative Cassie here. Allaryce couldn't stand this kind of people who didn't know when to shut up.

Our principal character headed to the rooms, trying to find someone to make happy by hanging out with them in the garden. And yet, she was jinxed. This room – his room, was the last in the corridor.

"I don't need your pity," he said when she appeared.

I don't feel sorry for you, she thought. He was so strange, thinking she pitied him.

"Excuse me?" she blurted, raising her eyebrows.

"You heard me, Allaryce." The way he pronounced her name sent her chills all over her skinny body.

"Um, h-how did–"

"Your badge, dear. Your badge."

Oh! The badge, right... Her cheeks turned immediately red from embarrassment. She felt so stupid sometimes.

As for Ashton, who held a tiny smirk on his face, drove his attention back to the television. The Simpsons were so much funnier.

+

i'm more than just excited for this series idek. the four stories HAVE a connection but you don't have to read all four of them to understand any, though i'd appreciate if you do. don't forget to leave your opinion on comments xx.