Chapter 2

[Diane's Point of view]

"Yes. I'll be here. Okay bye." I said hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" Al asked.

"It was Nancy. She wanted to drop by. She's probably going to be bringing her son over for us to meet." I said.

"Aw that's nice." Al said.

We had a child of our own and she was a handful. Eileen Yankovic was her name. Eileen was our number one priority now.

When the doorbell rang, I expected to see Nancy holding a baby, what I saw was just Nancy by herself. Not even Emo was with her.

"Hey Nancy, come in." I said holding the door open.

"Nice house." Nancy remarked.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed.

Our house was medium sized. We bought a place after I had Eileen. My mother absolutely adores Eileen. We made her our babysitter for when Al and I go places.

Nancy walked into our house and sat on the couch. Al was sitting in a chair reading the newspaper. Eileen was at Anna's house. Anna was my mother.

"How are you Nancy?" I asked.

"I'm managing." Nancy said. "How about you?"

"Life's great!" I exclaimed while looking over at Al.

"That's great Diane." Nancy said. "I'm glad life is treating you well."

Am I more than you bargained for yet?

I've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear

'Cause that's just who I am this week

Lie in the grass, next to the mausoleum

I'm just a notch in your bedpost

But you're just a line in a song

My best friend seemed unfazed and she was acting like she was down and out. It got me thinking maybe Emo and her got into a fight? Maybe today was just a bad day.

"How's my buddy Emo doing?" Al asked.