Prologue

Humanity was always split when it came to religion. Some believed in one single god, some had multiple, some even praised ungodly creatures. But yet they didn't have a single confirmation about these higher beings being real. Only old writings that could wrote pretty much anyone, even a crazy person. And as the time moved forward, humanity began to focus more on technology and exploring the universe from scientific point of view. An advanced race, one could say. Yet none of them knew, there actually were other beings. But not in their world.

          Angels and demons, they existed, but had their own realms, with their own rules, and their own powers. And while humans had no clue they actually weren't alone, these 'higher' beings knew about them. So it was only natural, that when the lord of demons Diavolo decided to host an exchange program for the races to strengthen their relationship, he wanted some humans as well.

          Having already one option, a wicked sorcerer Solomon, he gave his right hand Lucifer the honor of choosing the second student. Yet one thing met another, and in the end, he ended up presenting Diavolo three papers instead of one. Each a mere mortal human, one boy and two girls. Young adults that haven't tasted life to its fullest yet. The perfect candidates. But will they survive in the realm of demons? Only the time could tell.

          Diavolo agreed to make an exception, and it was only between the two of them why they decided to do so. Yet none of the three humans knew what was about to happen, or that they were even part of some exchange program to begin with.

          In the meantime, in the human world, two people were on their way to the bus station. A boy and a girl, both already adults, but still pretty young, in their early twenties from the looks of it. The boy was grumbling something under his breath as his green eyes focused on the smartphone he held in his hand. While, the girl was just chuckling as she listened.

          "C'mon, don't sweat it so much." the girl said, having a playful smirk on her face. Leaning forward a little, she tried to get the boy's attention away from his phone. Her hand ran through her creamy brown hair, fixing it behind her ear so it won't fall into her face as she did so.

          "Ain't ya disgusted?! That guy looked like he got beat up with an ugly stick, and was old for fuck's sake! If I let guys like him flirt with you, I might as well drink bleach!" the boy growled like a wild animal, clearly not happy with what happened. Finally, he looked away from his phone, and at the girl walking beside him. As if asking her if she's delusional.

          "Well, duh, but you didn't have to pour a whole bottle of rum at him saying, and I quote, go wash yourself pig." as the girl said, she rolled her eyes. But still kept that smirk, she did find it a bit funny after all.

          "That place was going down the shit hole anyway, I'm glad I got fired. But I want to see them try to find a better bartender than me!" the boy barked, as he turned in direction to face the night club they just left. He was very salty, there was no doubt in that, but mainly pissed. While, the girl just let out a soft laugh.

          "Mhm, of course, you're juuust the best." she said, yet it came out sounding way more sarcastic than she intended to.

          "I know, right?!" the boy smiled proudly almost immediately, as he let out a hard laugh, placing his hands on his hips, clearly not understanding his sarcastic friend. But as he did, his phone slipped out of his hand, and fell down to the ground with a heavy thud.

          "Shit!" he bent down and lifted it. Having a pure fear in his voice and worry in his eyes, he flipped the phone to see the screen. To his only luck, it wasn't even scratched. A sigh of relief escaped his lips. For a moment there, he felt like having a heart attack. After all, nowadays, phone was one of the most important things for every young human.

          "You need to watch out, bud." the girl next to him chuckled again, peeking at the screen of his phone herself. As he unlocked it, and the screen turned on, a chat appeared. For the past minutes, he has been chatting with their foreign friend.

          "Muis?" she asked, noticing the profile picture.

          "Yeah. You know I had to tell her what happened. You don't get fired with a parade like that every day after all," snickering a little, the two finally arrived to the bus stop, "she's asking if we wanna do a call when we get to our place." the boy asked, glacing at the girl standing next to him, that has been smoking her e-cig for the past ten minutes.

          "Yeah, I don't see why not." the girl gave a nod with a smile. The two has been living together as roommates for about half a year now. Since they've been friends since their childhood, it was only natural they chose to share an apartment together. They were a very close friends, but none of them would ever even try to make a move on the other one. And Muis? She was their mutual foreign friend, and they often liked to video call each other. The three shared many incommon. Whether it was their love for art, anime or the fact their personalities just clicked.

          The bus came, and took the two back to where they lived. Once home, the boy turned on his laptop, while the girl went into the kitchen to make them a small snack. Potato chips and ketchup, or as they called it, cheap nachos. And once everything was ready, the two sat down, and started the call. After a few moment, a girl with dark brown hair and brown eyes appeared on the screen.

          "Bitch deserved it." was the very first thing Muis said, causing the boy to burst out laughing.

          "That's what I've been saying! Fucking creep." the boy crossed his arms proudly, being more than glad Muis agreed with him.

          "You should have been there, it was quite a show." the girl added, having almost gleeful smirk on her otherwise friendly looking face.

          "I wish I was there to see it," Muis chuckled, "what did you even do to get his attention in the first place, Annelie?"

          "Nothing, really. I just came to pick up Tara, and there he was, the old guy making moves on me. I was about to tell him to fuck off, but he was faster." Annelie said, pointing at the boy sitting next to her.

          "He was there for good half an hour and wouldn't leave you alone. It's my duty to protect the gentle gender." Tara said, giving Annelie a side eye.

          Within the following two hours the three argued whether girls are gentle or not, but soon shifted on the topic of anime. Muis started bragging about JoJo's Bizzare Adventures, which Tara nor Annelie haven't watched yet, the only knowledge they had about it came from memes. So even though Muis spoiled majority of what happened, they pretty much haven't caught anything, because it's JoJo. But in the end they agreed they should watch it some time in the near future.

          Once the call ended, all three gave each other a good night, and Tara left Annelie's room, which was much cleaner than his own, that could remind anyone of a garbage dump. Annelie swore she saw Tara's sock trying to crawl its way out of there the other day. Still, he took a lot of time to clean it.

          Night came, and all three were calmly sleeping. But what they didn't know, was that this was their last night in the human world for a very long time.