Prolouge

I can hear my own footsteps as I walk into that dark path going to the alley. The moon shines so bright that night, as if it was really designed to illuminate the road I'm currently taking. I don't really know how to tell him that I really need to go. But nevertheless, he deserve to know.

But that quiet night turned into something unexpected.

..because, with just two words..

..My entire life become haunted.

"I'm pregnant."

I saw her cry her knees as she tell that man that she now owns a life. He was there, dumbfounded, gathering for the right words to say. It was like watching a movie while the girl tells her boyfriend that their "love" that night created a fruit of living.

However, in this situation, there is a different case.

She is my bestfriend...

...and he is my boyfriend.

"Do you own the child?"

I saw how shock they are when I said those five words. I don't know if it was because of the question.. Or it was because I'm there when I don't supposed to.

"Paige, please, listen. Walang kasalanan s--"

"Sinong ama?..

...Ikaw ba?"

I can sense the coldness in my own eyes. Maybe because I don't know how to react with the things I just found out.

He didn't answer a single thing. He was just there. Trying to tell me something I don't understand. I feel like crying. Shouting. Yelling.

..But my strenght seems to go somewhere else.

"Panagutan mo."

I turned my back, and I hear sobs. Maybe my bestfriend knows that she betrayed me and so she was regretting it. But I am not selfish.

I can't toss my relationship in exchange of a kid, losing a complete family.

I am tired. Tired of today and tired of fighting. I hear someone yell my name, but I never dared to look back.

I just want to escape. To vanish, atleast.

Then the walking suddenly turned into running. I can still hear my name, but I didn't bother to stop running. The feeling from blank suddenly became heavy...

..For all I know, the sobs I hear came from my own.

"Paaaaige!"

I look back from where I stand.

The last thing I knew, there was a light from behind.

Then, he held my hand.

I knew it was him, though I cannot see.

In the blinding emptiness, i heard nothing but my own sobs.

"...Do you love me?"

In silence, i found his answers.