five • not the same

6:09 p.m.
taeyong's room

ten and taeyong finished practicing about three hours ago. they had been resting for the time being, ten just now waking up from a nap. after he had ate something he made his way to taeyong's room which is where he was now. he wanted to know what taeyong was trying to say at practice before he got cut off; it had been bothering him ever since.

taeyong was busy sitting at the desk in his room looking at some songs. it was something he always found himself doing. that or playing the new game he got a little while ago. sometimes hana would come watch him play it just to give him some company.

"hey hyung. can we talk about what you wanted to say at practice?"

ten was seated on the bed now. taeyong paused what he was doing so he could give his full attention to his friend. now turned around in his seat they were face to face.

"oh yeah that.." taeyong gulped. "i probably don't need to be saying it in the first place."

"what do you mean?"

"it's something johnny told me before practice and wanted me to ask you. he wanted me to tell him what you said. i guess maybe you'd tell me rather than him."

"okay can you explain?"

the boy across from him sighed. "he wants to know if you went to go see hana last night."

a few seconds had passed before he answered. "is that it..?" ten asked with a small laugh.

"no.. there was something else. but did you?"

he didn't realize that him leaving to go be with hana when she needed him would cause problems. it was one in the morning, no one was up or saw him. or at least that's what he thought.

"yeah i did. she called me and told me she needed me to come over so i did. she just needed a friend. does he think something else happened?"

"i mean when you leave randomly at one in the morning one could only assume..." taeyong admitted.

"how did he know i was at hana's in the first place?"

"there's not really anyone else you'd leave at one in the morning to go see."

ten couldn't deny that since it was the truth. she's the only one he'd leave at such a late hour for. "yes i was with hana, no nothing happened. she just needed a friend. who saw me leave anyway?"

that's the question that made taeyong nervous. he cleared his throat before answering. "eva."

her name made him stop. his eyes went wide while taeyong leaned back in his chair with another sigh. "eva? what? how?"

"she spent the night with johnny last night and i guess saw you leave without you knowing."

"i live on a different floor than he does. what was she doing on my floor?"

that was a good question. ten and johnny didn't live on the same floor, so why was she near his room? ten lived two floors up from
johnny. when he left the building he didn't even go on the floor johnny lived on and especially not near his room.

there was someone in particular that did live on the same hallway as ten.

jaehyun.

"i have no idea actually.. i didn't think of that. why was she up at that hour and on a different floor?" taeyong pointed out.

ten didn't know why either. there was no reason for her to be up there yet apparently she was. his room was one of the first ones in the hallway so he didn't look down the hall when he left. it was too dark anyways, he used his phone flashlight so he could see. she must've been somewhere behind him out of sight.