Chapter 21

Sky's PoV

"Can we talk?" I ask

"Nag uusap naman tayo ah"

He softly chuckles "no seriously"

"Okay"

He took a deep breath

"I'm sorry. I should've told you why I left you 7 years ago and believe me I tried when I was getting better 5 years ago"

*flashback

After namin manood ng fireworks hinatid ko na si diana

"I love you. I always will"

"I love you too"

Umuwi na ako

"Pahinga kana maaga pa tayo bukas"

.....

It was 5 am

"Are you sure hindi mo sasabihan si diana?"

"Im sure"

2 years later *

I came back to see diana. I was outside of her school and I was holding a bouquet of tulips but diana has a boyfriend na. I saw him giving her flowers and pumasok sa car.

*present

I told her everything

"Why didn't you?"

"I just can't do that to you. I don't want you to worry and I know hindi ka nanaman makapag focus sa sch mo pagnalaman mo. Remember nung first time na hospital ako you stayed there at hindi ka pumapasok dahil gusto mong bantayan ako. When I need to go to the US I couldn't tell you besides masaya ka na i dont want to ruin it when i first came back"

She laughs sarcastically "It did affect my school sky. I was worried and thinking about you all the time "

"I know.... but in that way you can forget me and move on with your life."

"I can balance naman eh and I could visit you"

"Hassle nun sayo diana. You're still in college back then and you're career was started to off. Ayoko yun sirain at ayoko kong umiba yung plans mo dahil sakin"

"So? I don't care about those sky back then alam mo na I will do and sacrifice everything for you. Mapa career man yan o acads"

Tinignan ko siya naluluha na siya. I wipe her tears

"That's the main reason diana. Lahat gagawin mo and I don't want to take advantage of that....Back then *sacrastic chuckles*"

"Bakit ka tumawa?"

"wala"

"Ano nga" naiinis na siya

"But you didn't when you had a chance 2years ago. You're not brave enough to tell anyone beside my friends we were together instead of pretending to be with caleb. You couldn't say that to caleb also kahit siya nalang"

Natameme naman siya "it was different you didn't told me the truth "

I chuckles "so wait if I told you then you'll consider wow... at panong different? Nagpapatawa ka ba?.... kasi PA mo lang ko? Ganon ba?"

"Noo"

"Oh come on diana. Let's be real. You even said there was never an US"

"Fine, oo, because you're my freaking PA happy?"

"I'm ecstatic."

Aalis na sana ako pero may naalala ako

"Bakit ang sobrang bilis? Isang araw palang ako na wala ayun mayo bago na"

Nagulat naman siya

"Hindi maka sagot?" Napatawa nalang ako

Third person's PoV

Pumasok na si sky hindi ma pigilan umiyak ni diana.

Pinilit ni diana na mtulog kahit nasasaktan ito at tumutulo yung luha

Pinilit ni sky matulog dahil may mas importante pa siyang gagawin bukas

....

Nakatulog na si sky. Mahimbing naman yung tulog ni kiara habang si diana hindi makatulog. Tinititigan niya lang si sky

"Matulog ka na" sabi ni sky

Nagulat naman si diana sa akalang tulog na ito. Sinubukan niyang matulog pero wala pa din. Nag pasya itong tumabi kay sky

"Sorry"

Yinakap niya ito pero inalis ni sky yung kamay niya pero pinagpipilitan ya parin

*flashback

"I'm so—" lumingon si diana pero wala na siya

She saw the ring she gave him on the table. She burst her tears knowing what happened tonight.

*present

"When we fought I was about to say sorry but you left. Next morning I wanted to see you but sabi nila umalis ka na. I wanted to fix it but how can I? That day I was vulnerable... aaminin ko it was my fault. I want to survive that night dahil ang sakit sobrang sakit. To answer your question kanina. Oo ang bilis but I was trying to survive it. I was trying to replace your presence but after all these years ikaw pa rin talaga."

She took a deep breath before she said this

"You never left sky you never did"

...