Chapter One: How Dare You

(Alice's POV)
Shelly really needed to brush her teeth. I thought to myself as she breathed out the words. "And then Johnny was like-" blah, blah, blah! I don't care. It's not like my life depends on the fact the Johnny boy asked her to the color ball.
Alice just nodded along, not listening to a word that was thrown at her. "Alice? Did you hear me? I asked if you were going?" Shelly said, her breath lingering in the air between them. "No. I think I'm going to stay in and finish what needs to be done." Alice cringed at the face Shelly just made to her. " you're such a bum! You should really get out more!" Shelly's breath lingered again.
You should really brush your teeth more, Alice had wanted to say. "Nah, I'm good. I'm actually going to go sign up for a mentorship. The counselor wants me to join." Alice said as she hauled her heavy backpack over her shoulder and walked down the hall.
-------------------------
(Alix's POV)
It's always the kids who dress down everyday that get neglect. My headphones vibrated in my ears as I sat drawing an eye. The song began slow and nice, it was calming. As I turned the volume up on my iPod, a tall football player bumped into my table making me make a scratch on my eye that was almost impossible to erase. He stood and smirked. I glared. Taking a head phone out. "Do you always try to creep people out or what is your motive?" He frowned and turned back to his other football friends.
I turned the page in my notebook to find a note from my mom. "I signed you up for that mentorship thing. Maybe you'll make friends. Love you!" I crumpled the piece of paper up and threw it away. My head hurt all of a sudden. She got up and began to walk to the offices to see if she can get her name taken from the list.
ooooooooooooooooooooooo
(Alice's POV)
A few kids were in her office waiting room as I entered. Her assistant smiled at me. "What can I help you with?" Her breath much more appealing than Shelly's a hint of chai spice rather than rotten potatoes.
"I was wanting to join the mentorship club. Can you remind me of what it's about? Sorry I'm short of mind today." The door of the room opened and a girl walked in holding a very old backpack. The bag was almost in threads!
"It's where you are assigned a person who is close or completely opposite. You are to help them and they are to help you. If by the end of the semester you wish to switch we might allow since there have been coincidences where the other mentor has harmed the other mentally." I nodded. Not sure what I was getting myself into. She handed me a form. I took it and began to fill out the form.
About three minutes later the counselor emerged from her office holding the form I just filled out with another form stapled to it. She instantly smiled at me. "You must be Alice. And you", she looked to the girl who walked in, " are Alix. Please join me in my office."