Chapter 21

"Oakley back off!" I hear someone whisper.

I smell their scent, dr. rogers and someone else.

Wait why dr. roger in my bedroom? and who's Oakley?! and what's warm around my waist? and who's hard chest am I pressed against?

"Oakley leave them alone and sit down!" who is Oakley!?

'Skylar you do know where you are right?' James's voice rings through my head.

"No, why should I?'

'Skylar your in the hospital bed with me' what?!

I don't remember... oh yeah I crawled In last night, I have a really bad memory.

'Who's Oakley?' I ask James

"How the hell am I supposed to know!? its your pack!'

'Well really now it's your too. since your my mate your soon to be Alpha' I correct/explain.

'Skylar this isn't going to be our pack remember?'

Oh yeah I might of forgot to explain last night, seems like I'm forgetting a lot lately.

'About that...'

'Skylar what aren't you telling me?'

'That I've got this really bad habit of changing my mind' I say quickly.

I smell my fathers scent coming towards the room.

He can't see me and James like this!

I jump out the bed and quickly sit on the chair, trying to act normal.

James sitting up looking lost and confused, then realises when my father walks in.

"Skylar are you in here?" Coming around the corner father looks at the chair then at James.

"Hey daddy what's up?" I ask sweetly.

"I was just wondering where you was you didn't come home last night" I scratch the back of my neck.

"About that I fell asleep in the chair, I was super tired and I didn't want to leave James so I ended up here the whole night" I smile.

"Okay well I was looking for you to explain what will happen today with James" I can't wait!

I just know that the pack will love James... okay I won't allow the girls to love him but the rest can!

"Dad I haven't told James yet..." father does an 'oh' with his mouth backing away running out the door.

"Skylar tell me straight" I've never got that saying.

"I wanted to see something yesterday and what I found out made me realise that this pack would follow me anywhere and why take them away when I have a pack here? and then I also get to be with my family like you wanted" I point out the last bit.

James looks relived, happy, not stressed anymore.

"You have no idea what this means skylar" James pulls me onto the bed, kissing my cheek.

"I'm so grateful you came to your senses" James twirls a strand of my hair.

Oh gosh! I must look a mess! I don't even remember the last shower I had! I can't believe I've not had a shower! this is like going against my genes!

"James as much as I would love to stay here I have to go and take a shower" I sit up and stand up to leave.

James eyes widen "no! James! I can't believe you was going to ask that!" James rolls his eyes slouching down into his covers.