Chapter 1 - Back to Life

The park was open.

Thousands of people went to the biggest amusement park in the world. With Optimus Prime and Tony Stark's combined intellect, Jurassic World was back to normal. Lowery and Vivian were in the control room again, talking of times bygone. A fully recovered Simon Masrani was fresh and fit and excited for this rebirth, and his friends, Dr. Alan Grant and Dr. Ian Malcolm loved it, to be honest.

And Claire Dearing was using her powers magnificiently. As the Park Operations Manager, Claire had one of the most challenging jobs on the planet; to ensure safety of thousands of humans amid animals of the past. She had retained her dress which she had worn when she went back to the island to save the dinosaurs from a volcanic eruption, when she saw Maisie hiding in fear, when she fought the Indoraptor, and when she kissed Owen.

Speaking of which, the raptors seemed like puppies running adorably to their owner, not dinosaurs who are pack hunters. Seriously, when Owen Grady, one of the two main saviours of Jurassic World (alongside Claire herself, who else?) and Barry, his best friend, greeted the raptors, it almost looked like if the raptors were actually smiling! (For heaven's sake).

However, no one really failed to notice, not even the public of all people, that Owen and Claire had hardly been in touch. The public had fallen in love with their combo, and their later 2 adventures only increased the madness among fans. Yeah, fans.

One day, Claire was having a talk with her sister Karen, who was as delighted at the rebirth of Isla Nublar as Zach and Gray, plus the fact that things between her and Scott had chilled and become strongly good. Both the nephews had a hearty chat as well. Just when they would end their talk, Zach (yeah, seriously) asked Claire, "O, how about Owen? Is he there as well?"

Claire was slightly taken aback. While Zach was known for his unfortunately not-so-good attempts at impressing girls, if he of all people was asking this, not only did that 2015 kiss impact him even now, but he was also jealous - in a hilarious sense, of course.

But Claire didn't know what to say. She and Owen had parted, not after a fight, but after a calm and emotional talk of getting back to where they were.  So, she was surprised alright, but then, she had handled tougher things before. Probably.

"Yeah, he's....fine. Great." It was with a sense of obviousness that you see that she's stammering, but Zach takes it normally, much to her relief. After some talk, she puts the phone down, and while she's keeping her emotions under control, an undying urge to reunite with Owen challenges the control.

It's not necessary, said Claire to herself. He's fine, I'm fine, story over.

Naturally, it wasn't.

--

At late hours, Owen relaxed at his old bungalow. Today was no different, and it was 11:30 pm, half an hour to midnight. Owen was not at all sleepy; if you ever find Owen Grady tired, consider it either an illusion or a stunner. He was one of the place's most energetic souls. Nothing on the island, or his parting from Claire, had changed that.

Owen heard a knock on the door, and boy, who was it.

Claire.