I Love Boats: Part 1

Los Angeles, California
November 22, 1980

     Avery’s eyes catch him from across the gym, the Los Angeles sun reflecting off the beads of sweat dripping down his chest, getting stuck in and making his chest hair stick to his skin. He pulls his tee shirt off his own sweating body, tossing it on his gym bag and walking over to where the man who’d caught his attention is working on setting up the bench press. “Need some help?”
     “No thanks man, I got it.” He says, wiping the sweat from his forehead through his thick brown hair. 
     “How about a spotter?” Avery asks, insistent to get more from this new gym goer. 
     The new guy smiles, glancing down at Avery’s chest. “Sure, big guy.”
     “I’m Avery, what’s your name?”
     “Chet Clancy. Nice to meet you Avery. You been coming to this gym long?”
     “About three years. You’re new, aren’t you? I haven’t seen you here before. And I would have noticed you before.”
     “Yeah, I’m new here, just moved to this part of L.A.” Chet tells him. “I been looking for a new gym, this is the third one I’ve been to. Not sure if it’s the right fit for me, though.”
     “I think it can be.” Avery smiles down at Chet, who still hadn’t even tried to lift the weight. They hadn’t taken their eyes off each other since Avery had walked over. “I mean, for someone into some serious fitness like you, you’d think you want a place with a lot of heavy hitters like yourself, but a place like this is perfect. It’s mostly middle aged women. Means all the equipment we’d need is always free. And it doesn’t smell bad, the men’s showers are always empty, and we got eyes on us our whole workout.”
     “I know what you’re trying to do.” Chet laughs, finally putting his hands on the bar. Avery raises his eyebrows. “You just want another guy to come to this gym.”
     “You caught me. Why you working out so hard, anyways? You training for something?”
     “The Olympics, the summer one is ‘84. I’ve got a real good shot of a spot on the US team. I gotta make sure I stay in the best shape possible so I don’t lose my chance.” 
     “Were you on this year’s team?”
     “Just barely wasn’t ready, but I’ve got four years to make myself ready for the next one. 
     Chet laughs, starting his workout back up, Avery spots him, his hands brushing Chet’s forearm. Chet puts the bar back, sitting up quickly and hitting his head on the bar. “Shit, you okay?” Avery puts his hand on the back of Chet’s head. 
     “I’m fine, barely felt it. I have a hard head.”
     “What happened?”
     “Moved my wrist wrong, Thought I was gonna drop it.” Chet claims, crossing his arms over his waist. 
     "You alright to keep going?" Avery asks.
     "I think I'm just gonna work my legs. I just don't wanna hurt my wrist."
     One of the gym's other patrons, a middle aged, middle class, white mom of three pokes her head around the corner. "Mr. Mast, would you be able to give me a hand with loading something into my car?" She asks.
     Avery flashes Chet a smile. "Of course, Mrs. Elmore." He laughs. "If you're free today, maybe you'll let me show you some groovy places in the neighborhood."
     "Maybe I will."

A Little Later

     Chet turns the water on, testing it with his hand before stepping in. He runs the bar of soap over his chest, stopping at his bellybutton, staring down at what had almost made him crush his head. He looks around the empty men's showers, making the quick decision to take care of it.
     The heat from the shower, and his activity, make Chet's skin start go red.
     The sound of a door opening makes him stop, trying to pretend he's just showering. Avery walks in, smiling at Chet from afar. He walks over and gets into the shower next to him. "I figured you'd took off." He says, dropping his towel. Chet tries to stop himself from drooling over Avery's wet and now completely naked body.
     "Thought I'd, uh, clean up and, I'd, I'd wait for you."
     Avery shuts his water off and leans on the divider. "You were waiting for me?"
     Chet swallows, his eyes stuck on Avery as he comes into his shower. He takes a step backwards, his back touching the cold tile of the shower wall. "I know you got hard when I touched you, and I saw you checking me out all morning."
     "It's not what it looks like." Chet stammers, unable to hide how he's really feeling in his bare state.
     Avery puts his hand on Chet's stomach. "That's a shame. It looked like you're into me. Unless I'm wrong about that and you don't want me to do this." Avery moves his hand down, making Chet suck in a breathe.
     Chet rests his head on the shower wall, letting his shoulders relax. Avery leans in, pressing his lips to Chet's, pulling him in with a drawn out kiss. Chet puts his hand on Avery's thigh. Avery smiles and nods. "You can jerk me off too."
     Chet presses his forehead to Avery's chest, giving him long, slow strokes. Avery grabs a handful of Chet's ass, kissing him when he pulls him closer.
     Avery sticks two fingers in his mouth, returning them to where they were. Chet wraps his arms around Avery's body, letting out a high pitched moan, biting his lip. "It's okay, they can't hear you moan."
      Chet kisses Avery's chest, moaning and settling into what Avery's doing. Chet's next moan comes as a surprise to Avery, almost biting his chest.
     Avery moves both his hands to Chet's back, holding him as he pants. "That good?"
     "Amazing."
     "I'll help you finish your shower. I gotta clean off our chests. You don't lack in that department."
     "You put your fingers in my ass."
     "And that made you blow your load on me."
     "It felt good." Chet laughs.
     "You looked beautiful."