The Job

Sofia looked out the window of the hotel, they were on the top floor, she looked down at the cars and people, she couldn't believe how much has changed, the clothes and people the technology? Which was a new word for her.

Sofia, looked in the mirror, her light darker skin, had a bit of makeup and her lips were covered with red lipstick, she wore her dark raven hair in a ponytail with curls, her brown eyes seemed to shine in the mirror, she wore a white button up shirt and a black skirt that went just above the knees.

The door opened and Jacob came in, "Sofia, we must hurry we are going to a ball". Jacob put a dress on the bed and and tux.

"A ball for what?" She smiled as she saw him

"To celebrate our last few years working and finding candidates, and plus a good friend of mine will be there, are you ready?"

"Oh a ball, I... yes I think so . She said excited and confused

"Well here's your dress, you may use the restroom to change". Jacob said grabbing the tux

She nodded and grabbed the dress, it was beautiful, it was white and it was long that it dragged on the ground, it had a crystal like gems on the dress and around the hanger, was a necklace with a white stone, she smiled then put it on and she quickly took out the ponytail and let her curled hair flow to her shoulders, then she exited the restroom.

Jacob was already ready and waiting for her by the door, she walked toward him and smiled "It's beautiful thank you Jacob, what do you think?"

Jacob stared at her for a moment and then smiled a bit more wider and nodded

"You look amazing, shall we?" He offered his arm and she took it and then walked out the door.

As they entered the ballroom, Sofia gasped softly, the place was huge, many men and women with beautiful dresses and handsome tuxedos were dancing and chatting and laughing and having a great time.

"Good evening sir may I have you names?" The man at the entrance with a list in his hand.

"Yes Mr. and Mrs. White". Jacob replied

Sofia turned her head toward him, did he say Mrs.?

Jacob didn't notice her shock as he was waiting for the man to say their names.

"Ah yes Mr. White, Mrs. White enjoy the dance".

They nodded and walked down to the dance floor, Sofia felt her heart race, she was excited, confused and happy, why did he say that they were married? She knew of course they had to have a name or not say their name at all but this was different.

Through the night, Jacob was talking to a women that looked like her, but younger, Jacob introduced to her as llana, his bodyguard, she have heard of her, and llana had told her when Jacob left to get them drinks that she loved him like a father.

After a while Sofia was bored, she excused herself from their conversation, men have asked her to dance, but she wanted to dance with Jacob, she waited and then he came up to her and grabbed her hand.

"Sorry about that, we haven't seen each other in a long time and we had business to talk about, shall we dance?"

"Yes absolutely". She smiled

They danced and didn't say much, Jacob told her what llana and him were talking about and Sofia nodded and smiled, Sofia felt her face turn red and her heart pound, she never saw this side of Jacob and she liked it.

After the dance they went back to her hotel room, she invited Jacob in and they sat on her bed.

"Did you like the dance?" Jacob asked

"Yes I loved it thank you". She smiled

They sat in silence for a moment

"Jacob?"

"Yes Sofia?"

"Why did you say that I was your wife at the ball?"

"Does it matter?" Jacob asked.

"No I suppose not". Sofia said a bit hurt

Jacob was quiet and then was ready to leave but then stopped

"Sofia the reason I said that you were my wife is because.... To me you are my wife".

Sofia shocked looked at him "What?".

"Sofia, at first you were to be my helper but as this century passed, I realized that I truly wanted you, for company, for... Love".

Sofia walked toward him, and looked at him face to face, " You love me?"

Jacob grabbed her hand and kissed it,

"More than anything".

He reached in his pocket and grabbed a ring, "Sofia will you be my wife?"

"Yes Jacob of course". She smiled and wiped away the tears

"Then it is official we are married, we are bonded". As he put on the ring on her finger, then he grabbed another ring his, and Sofia put it on his finger.

Jacob smiled wide, Sofia smiled back, she knew he had a bright smile, he just had to show it.

She touched his cheek and he grabbed her hand and then leaned and kissed her lips, she kissed back and they kissed passionately through out the night.