Chapter 1

VALENTINA

"Your mother's special demand is to dress you in something red, Tina. Said boys have a special eye for girls dressed in that colour." My mother's stylist, Audrey said the last part with a chuckle as she went through stuff that she and her assistants brought into my wardrobe.

I had no idea why i had to do what i was doing but then again, that was my life.

Life of Valentina Russo.

The only daughter of Aaliyah and Sergio Russo.

1/3rd heiress of the unending fortune that my father made.

The overprotected, caged princess of the Estate.

"We are not wearing red, then." I said in response absentmindedly.

"Are you sure you want to anger your mother today, Baby ?" Audrey looked at me and asked.

I shook my head in response and look down.

No. I didn't.

My mother was a nutcase.

Specially when my dad had his allies coming to our nest.

She turned into a fiery bird.

Giving instructions to her people to glam me up and make me look presentable and elegant.

Just so a prince with a Mafia empire could come along, take me away on his matte black horse, so i could spend my entire life sitting in his expensive bed like a trophy wife while he goes out fucking a new girl  at one of his luxurious hotel suites every night.

Basically she wanted to free me from the cage that i'd been trying to break free from all my life, only to put me in a stronger one. That too for a lifetime.

Today my mother's demeanour had been over the top uneasy.

Not that she wasn't normally but today she was acting as if her life depended upon how good our house looked to our guests and how pretty i looked to whatever young mafia prince was visiting us.

"I think we got what were looking for." Audrey held a red silk dress.
"And now that we think about it, it's time to get you all ready. We don't have all night." She said looking at me.
"Do you wanna try a few pieces or are you okay with it ?" Audrey further asked me.

As much as I appreciated how she wasn't throwing her choices at me and gave me an option to decide whatever my choice on the matter was, i just shrugged and took the dress from her. I honestly didn't care.

Whatever made my mother happy was all that mattered anyway.

I changed into the dress that fell a few inches below my knees and embraced all of my curves perfectly.

The make up artist didn't take long to glam me up considering I didn't like heavy make up and caked up faces instead just a light layer of make up that made me look like myself and not a melting candle