Chapter One.

it's not that I'm losing my mind rather, I've already lost it and am on what seems to be an endless quest to find it. My real mind, to make rational decisions and stuff like that. There's just some sort of voice in my head telling me all types of negative things about other people but mostly myself and I don't know how to tune it out.
Henley wrote all of her once private thoughts down on paper but feeling no differences from releasing them as her therapist promised would be the outcome of this little excersice.
"Screw you, Dr. Lucas" Henley stated while changing her position on her bed to be more comfortable and closing the small book, shoving it aside. She grabbed her phone seeing she had a message from her best friend Aubrey.
• Hey baby girl. There's a party tonight if you wanna go? •
Henley laughed. That was Aubrey, always looking for trouble.
- Aha, okay. I guess I'm being forced to because knowing you..okay yeah I'll go. -
• You make me laugh.. Ill pick you up at 9. Love you kid! •
Henley sighed. She loved Aubrey to death but parties, not so much. When things were really bad she'd go to parties and get so drunk so when she spoke to boys she wouldn't have to say " Hi, I'm Henley I'm kind of depressed and have so many issues.. but you don't care anyway. I'll just get drunk so you can have fun. Whatever. " She just wanted it to go away. No matter what she had to do.

- - -
It was 9:08 before Aubrey's blue bug appeared in front of Henley's house.
" Hiya doll face "
" Hey dork "
Henley hopped in and turned up the volume to Lana Del Rey's "Pretty When You Cry."
"So Aub, which boy is holding this lovely shindig?"
"Casey"
"Oooh."
"Shut up"
"It seems to me like you would be trying to impress this boy. In that black dress you are sporting."
"He's hot okay."
"How are you even breathing?! It's like skin tight."
"Hm. I don't know. Good thing you came, you can check my pulse if I stop dancing."
"Or just leave you there and steal yo boy"
"I'll come back from the dead then, and kill you."
"Joking jeez."
"Better be"
In less then five minutes later they arrived.
Henley, following closely behind her best friend vowing not to touch alcohol.
Sweaty bodies were surrounding her as she proceeded to walk inside the house. At least there was decent music playing.
Aubrey found some of her other friends and met up with them leaving Henley alone. She kept walking til she was outside again on the back porch.
She lit a cigarette. That calmed her down amongst other activities that probably weren't the best for her. Leaning against the wall taking drags of smoke. Yes, this is better than being around those idiots in there. Henley thought.
She stumbled holding her cigarette away from her. "Oh my God! Sorry!"
A pair of blue eyes looked up to meet Henley's hazel ones.
"You're good, I just didn't wanna get burned."
"I wouldn't want you to."
The blue eyed boy spoke up
"It was kinda crazy in there, so I uh ended up out here. I wasn't looking were I was going, sorry."
Henley suppressed a laugh from the blabbing. "It's good"
"What's your name?"
"Henley"
"That's really.. Interesting. Not something you hear everyday."
"Yeah, don't remind me. It fits me it's odd."
"It fits because your gorgeous."
"What's your name?"
"Cade"
"That's no different than my name."
"I suppose not. So why're you here?"
"Well my best friend wanted to come and she's kind of a wild child."
"Ah my friend Casey's in there getting crazy with someone."
"That would be Aubrey."
"Small world."
"Getting smaller every second sir."
"Is that so? Do you want a drink?" Cade held out the cup in his hand
Henley took it drinking the beer with heavy gulps.
So much for not drinking..