The Wedding Part 1

One year later: the day of the Wedding

Background: The Shaw's are getting married in a newly built hotel next to Jeanette's house on the shore. Jeanette stayed in the house the night before the wedding with Cindy and Tiffany. Michael went to the hotel with his groom's men Jackson, Preston, (old college friends of his) and of course his best man Martin.

Michael's Pov Time 5:26 in his hotel room.

I can't sleep. Everyone in the room is asleep except me. Martin, Preston, and Jackson are snoring their hearts away while I'm overthinking. The moment I flop onto my side to get into a better sleeping position, my eyes immediately notice the red light illuminating from the clock.  The red light from the clock shouts it's time at me: 5:26.

I'm the one getting married in a couple of hours and I haven't even had 4 hours of sleep. I've been drifting in and out. We crashed at 12 and now it's 5 in the freaking morning. I tried to fall back asleep, but I gave up.

I thought Jeanette would be the only one freaking out about this wedding, but I guess I was wrong.

My first emotion is, of course, happiness and excitement because I'm marrying my dream girl. Yet terror has wrapped its razor claws around my brain.

The only thing that's killing me is the fact that I've been hiding something from her. What if she finds out about the things I sent to her arch enemy? She'll probably kill me. Or worst leave me?

I keep playing in my head how things might play out. Years from now when we've already established everything, I'll tell her. But between all that space, there's no telling if someone else discovers my actions and tells her. If I do it, she might forgive me but never trust me again. And if some else tells her, she might leave without giving me a second thought.

And then another thought springs up. How will it be when she moves to France next month for her new job. We haven't discussed this because we've been planning the wedding and now that its on my mind it's provoking me into becoming a crazy man.

"I can't get married!" I yell as I sit up from my bed, waking everyone up.

"What?" Martin groaned as he rubbed his eyes.

"I can't go through with this." I panic.

"Maybe we can do this again in a year or two" I recommend. I need more time. We need more time.

"Dude what?" Preston yawned a little disoriented, as he sat up slowly. His eyes were droopy, and his left hand scratched the top of his head.

"Michael, relax. Your just having a little cold feet. It will pass" Martin explained as he popped up from where he was lying.

"Yea go back to sleep dumb-ass" Jackson grumbled.

"No guys. I gotta get the hell out of here" I said and then quickly got off the bed to leave but Martin yelled "Grab him" and I was immediately tackled to the floor.

I struggle to get up but in vain. They wouldn't let go of me.

"Let me go" I yelled. I was suffocating. They might as well have chocked me.

"Do you think you Jeanette will forgive me if I let your ass leave here?" Martin lectured with a stern face.

"Listen buddy, If you promise to not leave, we'll let you get off of the floor" Martin explained as he bend down to talk to me. I didn't respond. I kept trying to break free.

"God. Out of the two of you I thought Jeanette would have been the only one to lose her shit before the wedding. Now looks like everyone's gonna be busy." Martin grumbles.