forty-two

The next day Harry and I decided that the best thing for me to do in that moment was to move in with him for a little bit, since Amelie was rarely at home and we were scared of the repercussions of our little failed visit at Joel's house.

We went to my apartment in the early afternoon, right after having come back from our classes of the day - having left some minutes earlier to make sure Joel wouldn't follow us.

I was going through the things in my wardrobe, deciding which ones were worth taking with me and which ones I could leave there, when Harry suddenly spoke.

"Black, what do you say?" He said, and I turned around quickly, widening my eyes when I discovered he'd somehow found his way into my lingerie drawer. "Oh look at that, someone's been lying! You do have light pink underwear" he continued, holding up a pair of my panties for me to see.

"Oh my god Harry, get a grip and stop looking through my things!" I hissed at him, grabbing it from him and going back to the wardrobe.

"Wait!" He exclaimed, and I turned around to look at him, raising an eyebrow.

"What?"

"You forgot the matching bra" he replied, throwing a light pink bra in my direction, and I narrowed my eyes at him, but put them both in the bag anyway.

After that Harry sat on my bed, but it didn't take long for him to get bored and roam around my bedroom again.

"That red dress is incredible, you should bring it" he commented as he stood behind me, and I turned to look at him.

"It wouldn't be that useful" I said truthfully. What was the point in bringing it? It wasn't like I could've found the perfect occasion for it in the next few days or so.

Harry shrugged. "We'll make sure it will be" he said, "if we won't find the perfect occasion you can just put it on and I'll take it off your body."

"Oh, that sounds fun" I said, continuing to put some of my clothes into my bags, and then ending up putting in the red dress as well.

We filled two bags with clothes, deciding that it was enough to go on for a week or two, just the time we needed to plan our next move. When we were done Harry took one of the bags, slinging it over his shoulder, and I took the other, and we went to his car, putting them on the backseat before getting in.

"Can't wait to throw Joel in jail where he belongs" Harry stated as he drove and I hummed in agreement, earning a little glance from him. "We'll go out to celebrate."

I turned my head and looked at him in surprise. "Really?"

He nodded. "And you'll wear that fantastic red dress of yours. We'll drink wine" he continued, "not the expensive kind though, I don't have enough money for that."

I gave him a little shrug. "Considering that the past two times you took me out you brought me to a hill to drink a bottle of vodka and to a meeting with a drug lord, I'd say it sounds wonderful."

"Yeah I'm not sure he's a drug lord" Harry specified, "he just runs a small operation, kinda."

I sent him a side-glance. "Harry."

"Yeah?"

"That doesn't make it better."

"Yeah, right" he replied, laughing a little before adding something else. "I guess you could say I keep you on your toes though."

I giggled. "Totally. What's the point in dating someone if I don't risk getting murdered" I said sarcastically, and he shot me a look.

"You could've dated some other guy from uni, but then you would've been so bored."