Chapter 1 - Looking at the house

The faint smell of freshly cut grass wafted through the air, Sans inhaling it deeply as he stepped out of his car. Looking up at the bright sky, he could spot the green luscious leaves seeming to frame the blue backdrop. It was a beautiful view, and if his white pupils acted like real eyes, he might've been blinded from looking directly in the sun. However, his eye lights were simply magic, so the bright sun had no effect on him instead of simply making his day happier.

The house was small, smaller than his house in Snowdin, with only one floor. The yard was expansive, including about a mile of the forest behind it, with a small slope of which he was interested in checking out. The outside was white with a black tiled roof, and there were already two other cars parked out.

Papyrus, once getting to the surface, insisted on Sans finding a life of his own. All he had done in Snowdin was nap and eat, so Papyrus wanted him to find his own house and start his own life, to finally get his own job and start cleaning after himself.

"Hey there King Fluffybuns," Sans said as he walked up to the house.

Two people stood on the porch, one of which was their King. The goat monster practically towered above the human next to him, with a simple pink shirt on with flower designs on it and baggy jeans. The human next to him, a redhead with a large pair of glasses on her face, watched him walk up to the two. She was wearing a pencil skirt and blouse, and looked intimidated by Asgore's height. He was one of the tallest monsters, not to mention a King, so it made sense. His horns nearly scratched the ceiling of the roof above the porch, he was one of the more scary monsters to humans with his height, King title, and muscles that could probably smother babies if he simply held them.

Sans had joked about that once, and Papyrus did not like it. Oh well.

"Sans, hello," Asgore said, smiling warmly at him, "But no need to address me as a King. As I had said previously."

"Yeah, but it sounds more fun to say," Sans said, "King-a-ring-a-ding."

"That does sound fun to say," Asgore laughed.

Sans hadn't planned to room with the King and search for a house with him when reaching the surface. He expected to just live with Papyrus and help take care of him like he did in the underground, but that was proved wrong when Papyrus had somehow became the owner of an old building near his house and spruced it up to be a fancy restaurant in a week flat. He was already becoming increasingly popular, due to Toriel teaching him out to actually cook and his outgoing personality that just drew in people. So Papyrus pushed out Sans and told him to go find his life.

One day, while hanging out with Toriel and Frisk, when Asgore had stopped by to discuss her role in politics dealing with monsters, Sans realized that Asgore had no one in his life. His wife divorced him and didn't want him anymore, he had focused so much on work that he had no close friends and he was still living in his old castle. The skeleton didn't really know the King, he had only met him a couple of times, and figured he might as well ask about becoming roommates. The King's response was unexpected, Sans didn't think that he actually would agree. Sans had stuttered out from shock about a house that could suit them, and now they were looking at it.

"Now that you're both here, it's time to get started," The female said, "This is a two bedroom, one bath small house. The land is roughly under a mile, and that includes this bridge that goes over a river, a part of the river, and a good chunk of the forest."

"Which will be good for your flowers," Sans said, "See, I'm a great house hunter. Better get my rifle, I'm hitting 'em left and right."

Asgore chuckled at his joke before the women continued.