Part 1

Imagine you're an adult, your tumbling days behind you. Furious fangirling and OTPs are distant memories and your blog is long dead. Your family is more important now.

You're in the kitchen cooking, your kids and your parent are in another room and you're alone with the radio on.

Our next story regards the deaths of former Internet celebrities Dan Howell and phil Lester.

You pause and set the kitchen knife down and let out a long breath. The names trigger old memories which you had long since buried. You turn to face the radio.

The youtube stars had seemingly disappeared after he incident of summer in the city 2028 which killed two fans, left twenty nine injured and put one of the duo, Phil Lester, in a coma. A coma which he never recovered from. He died late last Friday evening.

You let out a small whimper and put your hand over your mouth. The words stung. They were the kind of pain you thought you would never feel again. You can physically feel your heart breaking. The pain is there and it's very much real. You lean over to turn the radio off but your enslaved mind will not allow it. Your hand falls short of the switch just as you hear it.

Dan Howell was found in the early hours of this morning in his London apartment. Dead.

You grit your teeth and try for the switch again but your hands are clammy and your eyes are raw from the tears you didn't even notice.

You wish you had turned the radio off, you wished so hard, but it was too late.

Because the announcer speaks again.

A note was found with Dan that morning, a note which contained two words.

The color drains from your face.
Because you know.
You know him all too well.
The note read:
"Goodbye internet"