Chapter 12 - Gun Gun Starts Moving

Gun Gun could say that he was very pleased with his Enchantress Mother's standing in the Nine Realms. His carriage had barely landed in front of the Palace and he'd already seen the servants doing their salutations.

With his status, he too was able to seek a private audience with the Allfather, something that most would only dream of happening. Celeste removed his fur cloak once they stepped out of the carriage.

Walking through the massive halls of the palace, he eventually came across Queen Frigga who was out for a stroll in the garden.

"Gun Gun!" she greeted. Gun Gun smiled and allowed her to step into his personal space. The Queen Mother was one of the few people whom his Enchantress Mother trusts, and though she had a mind that would not lose to the cunning one his mother had, Queen Frigga was genuine in her interactions with him.

"Blessings and graces be upon you, Queen Frigga," Celeste respectfully greeted and Gun Gun did a curt bow.

Frigga nodded to Celeste's direction. "It's a rare occasion for you to visit Asgard, Gun Gun. What is it that you came here for?" she took Gun Gun's hands in her own, worry in her eyes.

"Queen Mother," Gun Gun murmured inaudibly, but Frigga still heard it anyway, since she stopped. "You need not hide it from me. I know my Enchantress Mother and Prince Fenrir and Jormungand are missing," Gun Gun felt the Queen Mother's hand tremble. "That is why I'm here."

Slowly, Frigga bent down until their heights were the same, gently grasping Gun Gun's shoulders. "Gun Gun, I am sorry to keep this matter from you, but please do understand that we are doing all in our power to locate them."

"I know," Gun Gun answered without missing a beat. Though his Enchantress Mother was one who did not meddle with the political affairs of the palace - there weren't many Enchantresses or Encantors who actually even dipped their toes in one. Most were more interested with keeping the peace of the realms or battle - his mother's skills were very much highly sought, and they probably feared that she would go astray in an incident of amnesia. Just the topic itself chilled Gun Gun. "But I am my mother's son. How could I not be worried?"

Frigga smiled sadly, patting Gun Gun's head affectionately. "Your mother had often told me that you are always calm and sensible for your age, even when faced with a difficulty," she stood back up. "Now I can see why. Come, I will take you to the Allfather."

"Much appreciated, Queen Mother."

Frigga led him through the hallways, with Celeste behind him. The gods and goddesses that they have passed by gawked at the sight of him, something he understood.

Since he'd been born, which was 200 years ago, the amount of times he came to the palace could be counted with only his two hands, with the first one when he was christened and this was probably his seventh - ? - or eighth time.

He didn't listen much to the gossip of the gods, neither did his Enchantress Mother, but with a subordinate like Celeste who liked to gossip, he knew that seeing him was also equivalent to seeing his Enchantress Mother so it was expected that they would see him like some saint incarnate.