chapter fourteen

"Hey, Hyejoo," Chaeyoung called out as she sat up on the couch.

Hyejoo hummed from the other couch, not looking up from her phone as she smoked from the cigarette that was lit in between her fingers

"Are you going to the Winter Formal?" She asked.

Hyejoo finally looked up, "Um, I mean I guess. I just don't know if I'm going with anyone," She huffed out some smoke, "Why did you ask?"

"Ah, no reason. Just wondering," Chaeyoung said, "How come you're not going with anyone?"

Hyejoo shrugged, "I'm not a very well liked person, Chaeng. No one would go with me. I wouldn't wanna go with myself even."

Chaeyoung frowned, "I'm sure someone would go with you. Do you perhaps maybe have a certain person you'd want to go with?"

Hyejoo looked down to hide her pink tinted cheeks. Chaeyoung widened her eyes.

"Oh my god, you totally do!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

"Hey! Shut up right now or I'll huff smoke in your face and cause you lung cancer!" Hyejoo yelped.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, "Hye! Stop that nonsense," Then Chaeyoung began to smirk, "Who's the lucky girl?"

Hyejoo sighed as she put out the cigarette, "This girl."

"There's plenty of girls at our school. Be more specific, would you?" Chaeyoung teased.

"You're so fucking annoying," Hyejoo muttered, "It's this girl in my Algebra class."

"And that is..?" Chaeyoung strung out, obviously invested in the girl her little sister has taken interest in.

"Park Chaewon."

"The head cheerleader?!" Chaeyoung gasped.

Hyejoo groaned as she stood up, "No, the janitor- Yes, Chaeyoung, the god damn head cheerleader!"

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes but then grinned, "My little Hye is growing up!"

"Never say that again," Hyejoo bluntly said as she walked to her room.

"My little Hye is growing up!"

Hyejoo slammed her door shut. Chaeyoung giggled.

As Chaeyoung was washing the dishes, she heard her phone go off. She turned off the faucet and grabbed her phone.

Sana is calling...

Chaeyoung unconsciously smiled and happily answered the call.

"Hi!"

Sana giggled, "Hey there, pumpkin. What are you doing?"

"Just washing the dishes because Hyejoo's a little bitch and won't do her chores."

"I heard that! I meant it when I said I'll give you lung cancer!" Hyejoo exclaimed from down the hallway. Chaeyoung chuckled.

"Ah, I see."

"Are you feeling better by any chance? You were acting strangely yesterday."

"Oh, yeah. I'm okay. As I said, something just pissed me off. Nothing serious."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure. I'm okay, Chaengie, really."

"Alrighty then. Say, do you maybe wanna meet up somewhere today?"