Ante Meridiem

I covered my body with the comforter as I watched the city lights through the glass wall of the hotel suite. It was such a surreal feeling, being here and not caring about the world. It's already two in the morning yet I'm still up, I can't sleep from the thought of being finally free.

Someone from behind hugged me and snuggled close to me. I smiled as I engulf his familiar smell, intoxicating me and sending me to oblivion. I felt his hug tighten around me, his muscle tensing.

"Care to share your thoughts, love?" His baritone voice  filling my ear as he whispered.

I shrugged. "Nothing serious. It's just that, I can't believe that were now here. Spending time together without receiving judgement."

I turned my head and looked at his smiling face. His smile really comforts me, like assuring me that everything's gonna be okay.

"I always keep my promises, love. I told you, we'll live this kind of life until our last breath."

I smiled for the nth time that day and turned my attention back to the city lights.

This is it, we'll have a new beginning and we'll be happy until the end.

"Can you believe it? From being childhood friends, to lovers, and now a married couple." I can hear the happiness in his voice. Like this was really the end goal for the both of us, being happy together.

I chuckled. "Yeah, I can't believe we'll get here after the countless fights and judgements from others. Though it's sad that our families weren't here to witness us tie the knot."

He sighed and started giving me little kisses on my cheeks down to my neck. That's his favorite move everytime he tries to assure me that despite the problems, everything's gonna be okay.

"Love, look at me." He grasped my jaw and turned my face to look at him. I was greeted by his beautiful orbs. "We've travelled thousands of miles just to fulfill our dreams, and that is to get married and be happy for the rest of our lives.

If they can't accept our relationship then that's their problem, we never wanted to disrespect them or cross them out in our lives but if being away from them means that we'll have a peaceful life, then I'd rather have that.

I don't want them to continuously hurt you, love. You've had enough with their issues and judgements."

I stared at him and momentarily wondered how this amazing man fell in love with me and chose to say by my side through thick and thin.

He's always been there to support me through the good times and the bad times and he never once faltered to show me or make me feel how much he loves me. He never once failed to assure me that he's gonna protect me at whatever cost. He's that amazing.

"I love you." I said breathlessly. These are the moments where I just can't help but say those words to him. We rarely say it to each other since we don't want to trivialize those magic words but when we do say it, rest assured that we mean every word.

He smirked. "I love you more, love." He said then he kissed me. I responded with so much passion and longing. I've always wanted this, to feel him and be with him without worries.

And that moment, we made love again, tirelessly making each other feel how much we love each other.

We both gasped as we untangled the sheets and tried to catch our breaths. Our bodies were so worn out that we just laid there while looking at the ceiling.

He hugged me and kissed me on the forehead. "Can't believe we can now do this without the fear of being caught." He chuckled.

I laughed at what he said. "Yeah, I remember back in highschool when your mom caught us doing the nasty on your bed. That was such an unforgettable moment for our first time.

"Yeah, both our families went all out to separate us. We were like the Montague and Capulet but the difference is, we're not that stupid to kill ourselves and have a foolish yet tragic ending."

I sighed as I reminisce how we fought just to be with each other. "That was a very decisive moment for us, I thought we'll never see each other again when they sent you away."

His hug tightened around me. "To be honest, being away helped me realized a lot of things, it helped me process all the things I need to do in order for us to be with each other again. Back then, I willed myself to study hard and find a job to be able to support the both of us.

I thought that if I plan to take you back, I have to be able to stand on my own and not depend on my family or your family or from anyone. I want to be my best version, for you."

"And you did and I'm so proud of you. Words can't explain how happy I am that you got to achieve your dreams, all on your own. Now, you're one of the most well-known businessman in the industry." I remember how he always tells me about his dreams of having his own business and being  his own boss.

He's always been like that, never wanted to take orders from anyone and always driven by his principles. That always made me proud since he never compromised for anything.

"Thanks to you love." He said. "You were my reason for everything, well mostly because I'm sorta scared of the thought of finding out that you already found someone else, that's why I really wanted to accomplish everything and go back to you as fast as I can."

I chuckled. "Now that we're already married, you need to stop being a jealous boy. That's really unhealthy."

He looked at me with disbelief. "Boy? Really?" He started tickling me and I never laughed so hard in my entire life. "I'm a grown man, love. A jealous grown man to all predators who wants to take you away from me. And did a boy really made you feel all those things earlier? No. Take it back, baby."

I squirmed and laugh under him as he continuously tickled the life out me. "Fine! Fine, I take it back! You're a jealous grown man. My jealous grown man."

We both smiled at each other as we stare into each other's eyes.

He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"I love you, John. To infinity and beyond."

I hugged him.

"I love you too, Mike. To infinity and beyond."

---
The end

April 17, 2020
Friday
09:51 pm