soulmate | 2

⚘ ⚘

⚘ ⚘

You met again on Friday.

And it was rather weird that Shoto has been using the search engine to look for a specific girl with (eye color) eyes and medium length (hair color) hair. The thing is, he had stayed up all night trying to find your name and pinpoint your location but hey, how many people would actually come up when you try to look for them that way, right?

The male gave up as he looked at the loading screen for about a minute or two now as he stood up and exited his dorm room. When his classmates and he met again at the common room, a few gasped at how restless Shoto looked. The bags under his eyes meant that he had no sleep and he was slumping his shoulders as if gravity was dragging him along.

"You look..." Ochako bit her lower lip to stop herself but Tsuyu pointed at his face and continued "...like shit." The male only managed to puff his cheeks before sighing in defeat and accepting it with a nod. Everyone just went on with their own thing before Shoto placed his phone in his pocket. It was a good thing that it was Friday and there were no classes. 

"I'm going out to get boba," Shoto said as he went back to his room. 

Hey, maybe luck would help him find you.

You slicked your hair back and tied it with a hair tie. The smile on your face was wide enough to attract more customers to the small boba shop. Your mother chuckled at the sight as you waved to the previous leaving customers. "You look happy today, (your name)," your mother complimented while you gave a small blush. "It's nothing, really." You lied. You didn't tell your parents about what happened yesterday but the fact that you almost died made you want to at least change.

Or maybe it was more than that too.

The bell to the small shop chimed making you face the new customer but was staring at a certain hero that had just saved you yesterday. Your face turned red as you turned around and told your mother to take the register for a while since you needed to pee. Shoto stared at your back, squinting his eyes. The way your hair was tied in a ponytail and the physique you had reminded him of the girl from yesterday.

But maybe he was also just starting to hallucinate.

Your mother faced him and gave a small warm smile. "What can I get you, sir?" Shoto smiled back as he pointed on the menu. He chose a honeydew flavored boba and from a hidden corner, you watched as he waited for his order. You once again started to admire his features and you felt your heart thumping in your chest. You looked up to see the hologram and your eyes widened at the change. 

5 minutes?!

"(Nickname)!" your mother called as you jumped up and directly went to the kitchen. You slowly fixed your apron and your hair as you entered. "Yes, Ma?" your mother handed you the honeydew drink and pointed to Shoto, causing your breathing to come to a sudden halt. All the oxygen from your body made an exit as he was slowly tapping his finger on the counter. You were not ready to face this handsome being.

You looked up at the timer and you felt your eye twitch.

30 seconds?!

As your feet slowly took you to the counter, Shoto was looking down on his phone. He had just received a text from his classmates about a sudden attack somewhere near there. 

10 seconds?!!

As his concentration was glued to his phone, he didn't notice that you were the one serving him his boba tea. "Sir, what n-name should I p-put on the cup?" Dang, you bit your tongue as you stuttered. You felt your cheeks flush as he hummed in response, still not looking up from his phone. He was rapidly tapping a response as you waited for his response. As if on cue, a guy also left the boba shop and you looked up at the timer.

10 days...?

"Ah- it's okay if you won't put a name," Shoto quickly looked up and grabbed the cup but as soon as he laid his eyes on you, he felt his world stop. Ah great, just when he saw you he had to face another villain attack. Both of you were holding the boba cup and staring at one another, recognizing yourselves from yesterday. "I--" Shoto tried to speak but his phone vibrated again. He groaned in annoyance, running his finger through his evenly split hair. 

"Can I see you again here someday? I have an important question." 

The question shocked you as you let go of the cup and gave him his straw. "S-sure?" your response came as a whimper as he smiled quickly running out of the shop and you were left a blinking mess. You felt yourself slump your shoulders as you looked up at the timer. 'Maybe your soulmate wasn't him after all,' you thought as you remembered that one guy exiting the shop and your timer turning back to 10 days. 

However, one thing was for certain.

You couldn't stop your heart from beating out of your chest seeing the hero smile at you like that. And damn were you lying if you say you didn't find him stealing your heart with just that.  And that's all because you gave him his fucking honeydew boba tea. You didn't notice the smile forming in your lip as you remembered him again. 

At least you know what to give the hero when he comes back soon.