Chapter 41: Golden Light

First, let me say..... WOW. Over 350 views?! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Second, hope you all are stying healthy and save during this time!

Third, I don't own Fairy Tail! So let's get the chapter started already!

MacBeth's POV

She's your sister, she's your sister. The words kept echoing in my veins as I ran through the battle grounds to get to her. I wasn't letting her die, to hell with what ever she said about interfering. As I got closer, I had to dodge large chunks of debris flying towards us from the battle field. One rock however, was not debris.

I jumped to dodge the huge boulder that sailed past me. I spun around to face an old man with a long white beard. " Lord Zeref says no one shall pass," he said calmly. I gritted my teeth and turned to face him. " Then I'll go through you first," I spat out. " You can not beat me boy, I am the Calamity of the Twelve. I am August," he bellowed. " I really don't give a damn," I growled before launching myself at him. He blocked my attack and I snarled before starting to throw punches at him.

He seemed bored as he blocked all my attacks with ease. " I'm done playing boy," he said before sending me flying back with one kick. I groaned as I flew into a chuck of building. " MacBeth!," I heard Sorano shout worriedly. I got up and stared back down at August. " You are not fighting him alone dumbass," I heard Eric growl from next to me. " Fine," I said angrily, " But you owe me some explanations after this shit is done." " Assuming we live," Sawyer said from my other side. " Let's assume we live," Richard said from behind me.

" If this is where Meridith dies, then I'll die trying to save her," Meredy said firmly. " We don't abandon people," Sorano scowled, " And that won't start today." " So let's go save our sister," Meredy yelled before running at August. The man simply lifted one eyebrow at us as we charged him. " How assmusing," August whispered, before focusing on his enemies.

Meridith's POV

With the Tear on my side, it was clear Zeref was holding nothing back. We exchanged blow after blow, completely equal. Where he was slightly weaker in magical levels, I was weakened by my lack of experience with true dark magic. It was a long fight. " Give up," Zeref snarled as we once again clashed, " You can't win my daughter." I grunted and shoved him back. " Stop calling me that! You left us for dead and have tried to kill my friends and family! You are not, and will never be my father! Taklakai was my father, and he always will be!," I shouted. Zeref scowled at his name. " That demon was a coward and a traitor!," he yelled.

I glared at him before racing forwards, clashing fists with Zeref. " He was a good man and my teacher. He protected me after I was left alone! He guided me through the hardest times in my life!," I yelled. With a surge of anger, I ran him back and tossed me into the ground. " And I will avenge him," I whispered before tearing after Zeref again. I did not hold back any longer when I reached him. I hit him over and over again until I was sure he'd never get back up.

I simply hovered over him, looking at his bloody face with a small bit of satisfaction. To my surprise, he smiled at me. " You are so strong Meridith, I must say I'm proud of you," he whispered, " Which is why I want to ask you something." I stared at him hesitantly. " Can you kill me?," he asked gently, " I've been alive for too long, and I just want to go........"

Shocked was a small word for what I was feeling. Even the Tear seemed to ease at his request. It was filled with so much longing and honesty, Zeref was not trying to trick me. " My child, my little girl, I know that I'm asking a huge favor. It would kill you too.......but I want that chance to start over with you. The chance at a new life somewhere else, to be with you and to be a father that I never was.....," he whispered softly to me.