up until the next letter

I mailed the letter as soon as I was done writing it and left my house locking up. I walked down the street to my best friends house and knocked on the door only to have his mother answer it. “May I talk to Lee?” I asked in a hushed whisper. His mother stepped aside and let me inside and I walked down the stairs toward his room. I opened the door and angry shouts could be heard from the top of the stairs. “I can never forgive the McGee family for this the six people killed by Jake were my closest friends!” I heard Lee scream to his band mates.

I ran out of the house and out of the town quickly. I ran and ran not know where I was going until I found myself collapsing on his door step. I knocked on the door and Lexi, his maid answered the door. She helped me stand and called for Mr. Cal when I was finally inside and sitting in a chair. “Mr. Cal, I found this girl on your doorstep.” Lexi said quickly and he nodded. Mr. Cal looked at me through sad eyes and walked over to me. He picked me up bridal style and carried me up stairs to a guest room where he set me on the dark blue bed.

“Sydney, what happened?” Mr. Cal asked me when I woke up the next morning. “Mr. Cal-” I began but was cut off. “Please call me Jason.” Jason said and I continued. “Jason, my brother was a fool and went out drinking after dad was pronounced dead. He got into a car after six hours of being at a bar and drove home except, he killed six people plus himself.” I explained breaking down crying. “Syd, you are going to move in with me. Go home get your clothes, check your mail. Do what ever you have to just come back here with everything you want or need ok.” Jason told me with a smile and I nodded showing him I would do as I was told.

I walked home and started to pack all of my things. I started with my clothes then moved on to my books and movies then started to pack the copies of letters to Nick Jonas away. The last thing I packed was the laptop that was given to me for a birthday present by Jason when I was twelve. I took a couple of pictures of the family with me but ignored everything else and left the house forever. I checked the mail before I left and saw I had a letter from Nick. I opened up the letter right there and read it out loud.