Inciting incidents

Sometimes, that's all it takes to change a story. A simple change of mind. One act that alters the course of your life forever. Turning around when you'd rather run away.

Think of the stories you grew up with. Star Wars. Lord of the Rings. Catcher in The Rye. Casablanca. The Matrix. In each and every epic that moves us, there is an element of surprise, some unexpected turn that sends the hero on a journey.

Storytelling experts call this the "inciting incident." It's the event that calls a character, often unwillingly, into a larger story. And it is always uncomfortable.

The word, "incite," means to stir into action, and that's what all great stories do. They change us in some way, make us move. And it's not enough to believe in a good story; you also have to live one.

Whether we realize it or not, we all are storytellers. With the lives we are living and the risks we are, or aren't, taking, we are crafting a narrative for eternity.

For those who would dare to live differently, the road before us is not the path of least resistance. It's scary and costly, full of unexpected twists and turns. But on this jagged journey, we find the one thing we're searching for: meaning.
........lets listen to your story thank you for reading mine