Chapter 6

Dear Penelopy,

I'm sorry I ran out on you like that. I wish I could explain this to you in person but, Johnny killed the socs that was drowning you. We are going somewhere, I don't know where yet, but Dally will hopefully help. Please don't try to look for us. I don't want you getting in more trouble then you already are. Just stay with your sisters. They'll keep you safer then I'd be able to. Please tell my brothers not to worry 'cuz I'm alright. Also, I meant it when we almost drowned. Penelopy Rose Crimsen, I love you.

Your boyfriend,

Ponyboy Curtis

"Holy shit", I said after reading the note he left ffor me. Wow. I couldn't believe it, Johnny, Johnny Cade killed a Soc.

"We have to go find them", I said trying to get out of bed. But Satheen pushed me right back down.

"No, you're already over your head in trouble, and if they find all three of you in one place..... they'll probably shoot y'all down then and there", Sath said exaggerating like she always did.

"She's right Pen. Well, to a point. You need to be chchanged", she said as I felt a terrified expression come on my face.

"I meant your appearance", she said trying to calm me down a bit. That seemed to scare me even more. But I didn't even know the half of it...