Chapter 3

"Hhii Ponyboy. Pen, what are you doing here?", Johnny asked very timidly.

"She wanted to tag along, see what men do", Pony said trying to cover me.

"Penn, you know Dally's not going to like this. He probably going to try and make you leave right", he said letting his voice stay quiet.

"Yeah I know. He's just that mean. Bit shouldn't we get going? Isn't Dally very particular on time?", I said wanting to get out of the conversation.

"Iiii guess. Bit it just, feels weird having a girl with us", Johnny said starting to walk.

"I'm one of the guys tonight to you and Dally. Actually to some people, that is probably all I'll ever be", o said looking down. It was true, I bet people lke Two-bit, Steve, Johnny, and Soda thought I was only one of the guys.

"Um okay, I didn't really understand that, but okay", Johnny said going on the other side of Ponyboy.

"She thinks that the gang thinks that she's a guy", Pony said trying to explain.

"Ohhh", Johnny said still sounding a little confused.

We saw Dally lighting a cancer stick in front of "The Bar."

"What's going on Dal", Johnny said as Pony gave him a friendly slap on the back.

"Nothing, hey why is the brod here? Tonight is guy's night", he said flicking his ashes at me.

"Ponyboy said it was alright for me to tag along", I said brushing the ashes off my shoulder.

"Oh Ponyboy, how nice of you", he said trying to imitate my voice,"Fine brod. You can stay." By then, I was mad so I got in his face.

"I don't care who you think you are, but use my name. Not brod, call me Pen, Penelopy, or even Rose, just not brod", I said now real pissed.

"Fine Rose, but get out of my face", he said pushing me away.

"So Pen", Pony started, trying to get off topic,"why Rose?"

"It's my middle name. I really dont like it, but it's better then brod", I said,"there's a lot you don't know about my Ponyboy."

"I think it's beautiful", he said with the same sparkle in his eyes like earlier.

"Sex fest!", Dally screamed hearing our conversation. Now, I was really pissed.

We came upon some boys in the lot playing cards.

"I hate kids, Rose you dig?", Dally said.

"Um no, I actually enjoy kids", I said starting to search through my hand bag.

"Fine, we MEN will do all the work, again", he said grabbing Ponyboy and Johnny dragging them along,"hey kids, what you all doing here?"

"Just playing some cards mister", the smallest boy said.

"Give us the card", he said taking the deck out of the boy's hands.

"Um why?", one of the others said.

"No reason", he said,"get out."

"What?", they said at the same time.

"GET OUT!", Dally said starting to chase them. Pony and Johnny tagged along as I just stood there with my palm on my forehead. But then, I saw the young boys duck behind a tree. The 'men' or that's what they called themselves did not see them. So I sprinted to the tree, they saw me and started to quiver.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you", I said as I started handing them a pack of cards from my bag,"take these. Don't worry, he doesn't like me either. I have to go, Pony will be looking for me."

"Pen?", I heads Ponyboy yell. But then I was drawn back to the little boys when they hugged me.

"Thank you Ms. Pen, you'll always be our angle", the littlest one said as I ran out from behind the trees bumping into Ponyboy.

"Where were you?", he asked looking at my face,"Is something wrong?"

"No, but I just figured out I can be a good person", I said.

"Yes you can", Ponyboy said kissing me. Eventually his tongue slipped into my mouth. Now this was the best moment of my life. Well except for when Dally and Johnny came back looking for us.

"SEX FEST!", they screamed nearly making my knee go into Ponyboy's nuts. I walked away quickly.

"Well we better get to the movie, come on Ponyboy", I said getting a little mad.

"Thanks guys", I heard Pony say,"come on babe! Penelopy please slow down", he started sprinting to catch up,"PENELOPY!"

"Well, we know who the couple is now", Johnny said to Dally.

"Yeah, now we can tease the love birds", he said back.