Chapter 5: I Could Tell It Was Going To Be A Long Walk...Or Not

CHAPTER 5: I Could Tell It Was Going To Be A Long Walk...Or Not

Angel's POV:

As I strutted out the door I shook my head, trying to put the confrontation with Miriam out of my mind. Families are meant to love each other but even though it makes me sound like a bitch, I don't love mine.

I never intentionally started being mean to Miriam, it just happened and I haven't ever stopped to think, or stopped at all. It started off as just spiteful sibling rows but then it escalated, other people caught on to it and suddenly I began finding it much easier to let the malicious words fall out of my mouth.

Oh well, that's how it is now and there's nothing I can do about it. She's fine, and it's not like she's a saint either she says horrible things, she doesn't care what I think of her. At least that's what I tell myself.

I must stop thinking about her, it's not like I care. Anyway I've got a party to go to, woooh! Oh who am I kidding, I'm terrified. On the outside I may act like an arrogant, Barbie, cheerleader but I get nervous too. I wasn't lying when I told Miriam about Scott, I really do like him. I don't know why I told her that, that's not like me, I never tell her things.

It hurt me when she said those horrible things about him, he isn't like that, he really isn't. He may be popular and captain of the football team but he's lovely, and totally modest, and clever, and hot...and- "ANGEL! Baby over here!" A high pitched squeal pulled me from my happy daydream of him.

I was so consumed in listing all of Scott's good qualities I hadn't even realised I'd reached Rick's house. Luckily Rick only lives round the corner from us, which I'm extremely glad about because I honestly think I'm starting to develop frost bite- although I'd never dream of admitting that to Miriam, she'd just crow over me.

I put the daydreams on hold and headed towards Rick's front door, hips swaying. "Hey baby girl! How's it going?" I said excitedly. Lots of cheek kissing and high pitched gossiping followed. "Oh my god Angel you look so hot right now! Seriously I'd turn for you!" Cherry cried.

"Come on Cherry, everyone would turn for me!" I said jokingly.

"Ooh Angel lets get inside quickly, there are tons of fit boys!" Lydia said enthusiastically shimmying. "And considering how you look tonight I think a certain football captain may want to get to know you a little better...!" Cherry said, smirking slyly.

I elbowed her, glaring at her in mock-anger. "Right ladies, I think it's time to PARTAYYY!" I bellowed, strutting into the house.

An hour and a half later I find myself sat on the sink outside the bathroom while Lydia is throwing up. I think I can safely say she's all partied out. Apart from the vomiting, this party has actually been pretty good, like the girls said I look smoking hot, lots of guys have asked me to dance and I am just feeling so alive right now.

The only downside is I haven't seen Scott yet. I don't know where he could be, he's always at parties like these. Oh well he's probably upstairs with some slut or smoking something somewhere.

"Angel angel my Angel cake!" I hear a voice slurring. I look up to see Rick standing there trying to hold up a very drunk Cherry, who is swaying around everywhere. "Hey Angel, enjoying the party?" Rick asks, and you can tell he too is drunk, but not as much as Cherry. "Yeah it's great thanks!" I replied.

I am about to go into pleasant chit-chat when suddenly a couple of figures appear behind Rick and Cherry. My eyes lock onto one of them...

It's Scott.

My brain barely registers who the other person is, I just stare at Scott.

"Hey guys, how's it going, what a cosy little mothers meeting we are having in here!" The other person says, I tear my eyes away from Scott for a moment to see that it's his best friend and fellow member of the football team, Tommy.