Chapter 19

I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes to see myself laying in my bed, in my bedroom back at the group home. I looked around and almost jumped out of my skin when my eyes landed on Mia sitting in the corner of my bed. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Mia shyly smiled at me.

     I gave her a look that said it all. "How am I feeling? I just saw you levitate water in the air after you and that crazy bitch declared that I'm a witch. How the fuck do you think I'm feeling Mia?"

     She sighed, "Listen, Kaia, I know this seems insane.."

     I cut her off, "Because it is! I don't feel any different than I did earlier."

     "That's only because your powers haven't returned fully yet. Believe me, they'll come, and at full force. You'll have to control your emotions better so you don't lash out and hurt someone with them." Mia looked at me seriously.

     I scoffed, "Have you met me? I handle my emotions with my fist. I can't deal with this shit right now. The party's tomorrow, I'll deal with it after that."

     "Umm, actually the party is tonight. You kind of passed out after the incident yesterday. Unlocking your magic kind of sent you into a mini coma for a while."

     My eyes widened. "What?! Oh, shit. Asher's probably been texting me non stop." I quickly grabbed my phone.

Yesterday - 8:54 p.m.

Asher: Hey, I can't wait to see that dress on you tomorrow ;)

Yesterday - 11:27 p.m.

Asher: I'm sorry for making you wear a dress... You can wear whatever you want. You'd look good in anything.

Today - 9:32 a.m.

Asher: Baby, you feeling okay? Call me, I'm getting worried.

     Shit. He probably thinks I'm ignoring him now. I shoot him off a quick text.

Me: Hey, sorry. I felt really sick yesterday and Mia brought me home. I passed out after we got back. I got the dress so you better prepare yourself ;)

     I put down my phone and looked at Mia. "Why do you live in a group home if you're a witch? Can't you...you know...like cast a spell and get the hell out of here?"

     Mia looked at me with an unamused face. "First off, that's rude as hell, and second, no I can not just cast a spell and poof the hell out of here. I can only do certain levels of magic since I'm not strong enough on my own. There are not that many witches in a small town like this so it's harder to connect to my magic." She looked at my confused face and sighed. "The more witches that are present during a spell or performing magic, then the more magic that can be summoned up. And from the feeling of yours back at the store, I can tell you have a ton of it stored in you."

     "Wait a minute. How am I witch anyways?" I asked, thinking about it for the first time.

     She shrugged, "Like how you get any of your genes. Your parents."

     "Okay, my mom is definitely not a witch. She's weak and useless. I think she would have taken advantage of it and paid off all her bills with it already."

     "It doesn't have to be your mom, what about your dad?"

     I shrugged with indifference. "I don't know. I don't really remember him. He left when I was younger." Mia nodded as she understood, I mean, she is also parentless.

     "Well look. Let's just forget about this conversation for now and go get ready for the party tonight, yeah?" I nodded, relieved that this insane conversation was over. I mean, there was no way I was a witch, right?

---------------------------------------

     I pulled on the tight little red dress and straightened my long, black hair, letting it fall to the middle of my backless dress. I then used a little bit of Mia's concealer and covered the small remaining bit of my black eye from fighting at the club a few days ago. I added my black, winged liner and added my signature, red lip that matched the dress perfectly.

     I walked out of the room and met Mia who was waiting with Daisy for me. Veronica decided she wasn't going with us since Landon, her ex was likely to be there with his new girlfriend. Is it bad that I'm a little excited to see her face when I walk in after beating her ass two weeks ago? Damn, has it really only been that long? Why do I feel like everything in my life has taken a complete 180?

     Finn ended up driving us over to Hayden's house which was only one house over from Asher's. I didn't even realize that Finn was friends with Hayden but I guess since Sebastian is friends with both, then they're automatically acquaintances. We pulled up to the house that had maybe twenty to thirty people attending. Not what I would expect for someone's 18th birthday party, but hey, as I said, I hate people so it was fine by me.

     We walked in and I searched my eyes across the room for Asher. I felt someone come up and grab my waist from behind. Instead of feeling disgusted by the person's presence, I felt sparks erupt in the place where his hands were on my hips. I felt hot air as the person spoke in my ear, "Hey, baby. You look absolutely gorgeous." I smiled as I heard Asher's deep voice in my ear.

     I turned and saw him in a white buttoned-up shirt that wasn't too dressy since he paired them with jeans. And let me say, they were tight....in all the right places. "You don't look too bad yourself," I smirked at him with mischief in my eyes.

     The room quieted down a bit when I heard Sebastian's British accent call out, "Oi! Hayden's about to pull up so get ready to yell, 'Happy Birthday' when he walks in." We all turned towards the door waiting for the birthday boy to walk in.

------------------------------------------------

Hayden's POV

     I felt so nervous walking up to the house. A part of me was starting to get worried that maybe I was wrong. Maybe Mia wasn't my mate. What if I invited her and embarrassed her because my wolf took control and tried to get with our actual mate. I was a nervous wreck just from the thought. I would, without doubt, reject my mate for Mia but what if I couldn't withstand the mating bond?

     I pushed my thoughts away as I approached my house, knowing that I was about to see a crowd of people in the living room. As I opened the door, my eyes found Mia's immediately. I needed to touch her, in a non-creepy way, and see if there were any sparks there. Literally. I was praying so hard that I was right because just from making eye contact with her made my heart rate increase.

     I hugged a few of my friends before walking towards Mia who was looking at me shyly. I didn't even notice her outfit since I was drawn to her beautiful face, her big brown eyes, and her light pink hair. I gulped and blinked several times as I took in her short, black dress that hugged her small curves nicely. She blushed as I looked her over, but she didn't seem to mind one bit.

     "Happy Birthday." She smiled at me nervously.

     "Thank you. I'm glad you could come." Well, here goes nothing. I sucked in a deep breath before pulling her in for a hug.

     Right as my arm curled around the small of her back, sparks erupted like fireworks. I heard her suck in a sharp breath at the contact of our skin, but she didn't try to pull away. It was like she knew what this meant, but I didn't know how she would know. There was no way she knew I was a werewolf. So the question is, what is she? I pushed the thoughts away as I hugged my mate, cherishing these moments that I thought would never come.

Can you guess where the stories going so far? Things will definitely be taking a turn in the next few chapters.

Also, there will be a different person's POV in the next chapter. Is there anyone else's point of view you'd like to see? Let me know!