Chapter 2 A Night out on the Town

*Chapter 2*

“Do you know how long it’s been since we went out?” Nicole asked as we were getting ready.

I smiled as I put on my make-up. It has been almost three years since we’ve been to any type of bar which is a good thing considering we had Landon. I don’t think Nicole will ever know how thankful I am that she stopped parting when I had to. It made the transition so much easier to deal with.

“I know! It’s been forever!” I said

Nikki made a funny face as she looked through the closet we shared. We also shared clothes most of the time.

“Do we even have anything appropriate for a party?” she asked.

I followed behind her, looking over her shoulder. I couldn’t really find anything that would fit the situation. Mostly our closet had jeans of all types and t-shirts. I sighed trying to think of a solution.

“I’ve got it!” I said making Nikki jump.

I walked over to a dresser that I haven’t opened for some time. The first couple of drawers had Landon’s baby stuff, things I couldn’t let go of, but the bottom drawer had other things from my past. I opened the drawer and pulled out a slim black dress with the tags still on.

“I forgot all about this stuff” She said with a smile.

We pulled out the outfits we wanted to wear. I chose a black skin tight dress and Nikki chose a pair of ripped up skinny jeans with a dressy tank top. Looking at ourselves in the mirror I got a taste of the good old days. I almost missed them.

“Momma, you look pretty!” Landon said from the door way.

I smiled at my little guy. I might miss the parties but I would miss him so much more. I looked up from Landon to find Harry standing in the doorway checking me out.

“You ready yet?” He said when Nicole noticed him looking.

I looked at Nicole for the answer.

“Yeah be out in a minute” she said.

Harry left but Landon stayed. He looked confused.

“Momma, where are you going?” he asked in his sweet childish voice.

I sat down on my bed and patted the spot next to me. Landon smiled and ran over. I thought about how I was going to explain this to my child.

“Well, you know how it was yours and Auntie Nik’s birthday?” I asked.

He nodded his tiny head.

“We had a party with all your friends right?” I asked.

He nodded again. My head hurt as thoughts ran wild of a way to explain this to him. I hardly ever left him during the night, sometimes in the course of the day but that was rare. Thankfully Nikki took over.

“Some of my friends couldn’t make it, Love. So your momma and I are going to go meet them and have a party for me, is that ok?” she asked.

Nikki had a way with kids that I will never understand. Landon nodded his head once more before turning to look at me.

“I’ll be back before you know it.” I said kissing his forehead.

We left at around nine and headed for the club with Harry hot on our trail. After we sat down with our drinks Harry started giving us a weird expression. We sucked down our drinks while Harry watched.

“What do you want Harold, your creeping me out!” Nikki said with a laugh.

Harry took a deep breath before he spook.

“Well, Nikki being eighteen is not the only thing we get to celebrate!” Harry shouted over the music.

Nicole and I looked at each other confused. Why else would Harry take Nicole and I to a bar? We both turned our gaze on Harry who was smiling a cheeky wide grin.

“I got you two lovely ladies a job” he said.

I looked over at Nikki who still looked confused.

“A job? What kind of job?” I asked.

Harry smiled bigger if that was possible. He scouted over to me much closer than what was comfortable.

“Trust me Ollie, you’ll love the job” he said snaking his arm around my waist.

 I hope Harry was right. I really needed a job and it wasn’t fair that I was relying on Harry and Nicole for everything.

“Thanks Hazza” I said leaning in towards him as if it were some type of hug.

The rest of the night went by in a blur of booze and lots of drunken rambles by our group. I do have to say it was a wonderful night and the hangover in the morning is going to suck.