*Prologue*

*Prologue*

When you’re young you do stupid things. I was young, hell, I still am. I was out of control, no wonder my mother kicked me out. I was out parting every night. I was getting drunk and high anything to take away the pain of not feeling good enough. That all changed when I met a boy named Josh at a party. He was whispering in my ear telling me how beautiful I was and how I could do so much better for myself. I didn’t believe him but I gave him what he wanted.

“Ollie, I really think you should take it.” Nicole said holding up a paper bag.

I knew what was in that brown paper bag I just didn’t want to believe it. I crossed my thin arms refusing to look in my best friend’s blue eyes.

“Olivia! I’m being serious here! If you are there are things we need to take care of.” She said.

I didn’t want to listen to Nicole, even though I knew she was right. My period was now three months late. I thought long and hard but stood up taking the bag from Nicole’s hands. I thought about the ways my life could change in a matter of minutes. I jumped when the timer went off. I held the hard plastic stick in my hands trying to gain enough courage to flip it over.

“Nikki, I need you!” I yelled.

Nicole rushed through the door, an understanding look on her pretty face. I handed her the stick. My fingers trembled as I awaited my fate. Everything seemed to move in slow motion. I knew the answer before I took the test.

“Ollie, it’s positive” Nicole said with a comforting hand on my shoulder.

I was surprised that I felt nothing. This strange numb feeling took over. I didn’t cry, I didn’t scream. I just sat there arranging things in my head. I have to get a job, I have to stop parting. I would do anything to make sure my baby had a wonderful life, much better than my own.

“This is going to be a good thing” I said looking up at Nicole.

She looked at me with uncertainty, her blue eyes swimming with an unfamiliar shine.

“Are you sure you can do this? Are you going to tell that guy?” She asked.

“His name is Josh and no. I can do it, I will do it.” I said

She nodded her head giving me a tight hug.

“You don’t have to do it all yourself Ollie, you have me” she said with a smile.

I smiled and hugged her back. We both pulled away when we heard a knock at the door. I gave her a questioning look.

“It’s most likely Harry” she said walking to the door.

I couldn’t help but smile when I relised this baby already had a family that loved it. Harry’s face lit up when he saw me.

“Hey Ollie” he said hugging me.

I hugged back before pulling away quickly.

“I have some news” I mumbled.

Nikki watched us carefully. I wasn’t sure how he was going to react; he’s like an older brother to me.

“I’m pregnant” I said

I watched as his face dropped. His eyes were suddenly furious.

“Alright who’s ass am I kicking?” he asked

Nicole and I busted out laughing both of us doubling over. Harry didn’t look like he got the joke. I stood up trying not to laugh.

“Hazz, you don’t need to kick anybody ass. I’m not going to tell the guy anyway.” I said

Harry gave me a puzzled look.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” he asked.

“Harry, it was a one night stand at a party he most likely doesn’t remember me anyway.” I explained.

Harry still didn’t look convinced.

“I don’t know, I have a bad feeling about this” he said

I frowned. This was good I can feel it. This baby was the push I needed to change my life.

“It will all work out, I can feel it. No more parting for me I have something to live for now” I said with a smile

Nicole and Harry smiled as well and pulled me into a hug.

“This is a good thing guys, I just know it” I mumbled against them.