Chapter 4: Revealed

Breanna tried again to tug at her chains on her wrists, wincing every time she did so. Gillies had left her alone, but he was smart: he put a rope in her mouth so she couldn't call for help. It made it hard to breathe and she hadn't had her medicine today. She was doing all she could not to panic. She knew she'd have an attack at some point.

The skin around her wrists were getting raw, just as her feet were. It made every movement extremely painful and agonizing, especially since her muscles were starting to cramp from the lack of movement. She had to do her stretches soon to at least work the tightness of the muscles out, or else it'd escalate the attacks.

She stopped her movements when she heard the door unlock, and James Gillies opened the door and walked inside.

He closed the door and locked it, looking over to observe Breanna. A smirk came to his face as he was able to deduce what she had been doing. 

"Those chains won't come off easily, Breanna. I've ensured it. It'd be better if you didn't struggle."

She tried to speak to him but couldn't because of the rope in her mouth. She was desperately trying to tell him she needed her medicine, but he couldn't understand her. 

He placed a bag on the table and let out a sigh. "Breanna, you know I can't understand what you're saying. Be patient, please."

He walked over to her and undid the rope, taking it off of her mouth. She let out a sigh of relief and moved her jaw around so it wasn't stiff. She then looked up at Gillies.

"I need my medicine, please."

"Oh, of course." Breanna looked in surprise: she hadn't expected him to so easily agree to give her the medicine. He walked over to the table and pulled out a drawer, where he picked up one of the needles filled with her medicine. 

"I will say, I am no doctor, Breanna. I don't quite know how to do this." James admits as he walks back over and sits on the bed. 

"I'll walk you through it," Breanna says, desperate to do anything just so she could get that medicine in her system. She could feel the tightness in her muscles worsening, and if it kept up too much longer, she would have a full-body spasm.

Gillies agreed to her offer and waited for her to speak. "Take off the sleeve of my arm." she instructs and Gillies looks up at her almost questioning.

"It's removable for this reason. We had my clothes tailored for my condition," she explains and gestures to a button by her shoulder. "Undo that button and the one on my forearm. It'll come off."

Gillies said nothing as he undid the buttons, taking off the sleeve as instructed. When he saw her arm, and the amount of injection marks on it, his eyes widened and he looked at Breanna. She avoided his eyes.

"Stick the needle near the vein in my arm, but not directly on it. It'll hurt the muscles if it goes directly in the veins," she looks up at him. "It's strange, I know, but please."

"Very well." Gillies said and picked a spot not punctured already that seemed good. Breanna nodded her approval of the spot and Gillies stuck the needle in her skin. Breanna winced as he injected the medicine in.

"Take it out slowly, or else it'll just gush blood." Gillies took the needle out slow, blood still building up at the surface and sliding down Breanna's arm.

"Will it stop on its own?" he inquired and Breanna nodded.

"It will, but if you had a cloth or something, it would be much appreciated."

Gillies stood from the bed and walked back over to the table, grabbing something else and coming back. 

"It's cloth." he says and puts it on her mark, soaking up the blood. Breanna tried to move her hand to hold it in place but hissed as it was stopped by the chains.