Eight: Perfect

Olivia: Midgard: Manhattan, New York: Stark Tower: December 20, 2012

I wake up in the bed, wondering how I got here. I know we were staying at Stark Tower, but the last thing I remember is watching Home Alone with Loki. I look and see I'm in the same clothes as yesterday. I walk over to my closet. I find dark blue skinny jeans to pair with my white t-shirt. I grab the cute necklace Maria gave me. Actually, all of this was from Maria. Either way, I put it on and slip into my sneakers. Then I brush my hair and put on base concealer, lipgloss, and mascara.

I walk to the main floor, deciding that pacing the stairs is the best way to wake up. I walk into the kitchen.

"Are you a morning person?" Clint yawns over his coffee.

"Yeah," I say.

"What are you dressed up for?" he asks. 

"I'm going Secret Santa shopping today," I announce.

"Can I come with you?" Steve asks me. I nod and he smiles. He's already dressed, too. "When are we going?"

"Well, I wanted to say good morning to everyone," I say.

"It's going to be a while for Natasha to wake up. She's not an early riser," Clint laughs.

"We can go now if you want. We can go to a cafe and get some some pastries or something," I suggest.

"You're living in a little perfect world, aren't you?" Clint asks me.

"I've had one year of a normal, domestic life. The rest I get from books. I'm going off of what I read," I shrug.

"Do you need a coat?" Steve asks as he puts on a nice brown coat.

"I have one back in my room," I say. I run back down and try to find the black winter coat Maria lent to me. I search through the suitcase, but nothing is here. "Shit."

"Everything okay?" a voice asks. I turn around and see Bruce.

"Hey. Yeah, I'm okay. I can't find my coat, though," I say.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"Steve and I are going Secret Santa shopping," I explain. He nods his head. "God, where is it!"

"I have an extra one if you need," Bruce says. I turn to him, giving up on my suitcase.

"I would appreciate it," I admit. Bruce nods and we walk down to his room. He pulls a nicely pressed light brown trenchooat. "Oh, that's really nice. I don't know if I can borrow it."

"I trust you, too, you know," Bruce says. We make it to the elevator, past Loki's room. He's asleep still. The elevator brings us back up to Clint and Steve.

"Ready?" Steve asks me.

"Yeah. Can you guys tell Loki that I went with Steve to go get his present?" I ask. They nod and I slip on the coat. It's only a little large on me. "Thanks again." 

"Steve," Bruce stops Steve and they whisper for a second. Then Steve turns back to me. Bruce smiles and waves to us as we walk to the elevator to get to ground level. We hit ground level and walk out to the street.

"Which way?" Steve asks.

"Any way," I shrug. We end up going right and go a few blocks down to some shops. "Not only am I buying for Loki, but Thor is the person I drew. How am I going to impress two gods?"

"We'll figure it out. I know Thor pretty well. I can help you with him," Steve assures me. I nod and we see a tiny coffeehouse on the corner. "Would you like to go in there?"