Ten: Christmas Eve

Olivia: Midgard: Manhattan, New York: Candy Explosion: December 23, 2012

"Welcome to Candy Explosion," the woman greets us as we walk in. Kids are everywhere. "Can I help you?"

"Where are your Pop-Tarts?" I ask.

"Follow me," she says as Steve and I follow her to a corner of the store. It's ridiculous. There are Pop-Tart flavors I've never even heard of, plushes, jelly beans, and t-shirts. "We also have a grab bag special. We give you a bag," she grabs a big one off the wall, "and you fill it up with what you want for $100. And since it's so big, we can deliver it on Christmas Day for $50 more."

"Okay, then we'll do that," I say. I brought $50 for his gift, but Steve still has the credit card. I get the bag and stuff a shirt in with every plush they have, and then the rest is filled up with Pop-Tarts. Steve helps me carry it to the counter. It pays to have a super soldier as a friend, even though I probably could have carried it. She rings us up.

"Do you want delivery?" she asks.

"Y-"

"No, I can carry it," Steve says with a smile. The woman nods and we pay for it. Steve picks it up again, walking out of the candy store in an awkward position.

"You got it?" I ask.

"Yep," he grunts as we cross the street.

"I don't want Thor to see it," I say.

"You go in and distract him while I set this in your room," Steve says. I nod and we finally make it back to the tower. I run up before him. I walk out to the main room and see everyone together. Thor is talking to Loki. I hate that he's here, but I walk over and sit with them. I just need to keep Thor here until Steve can get the bag in my room.

"How was shopping?" Thor turns to me.

"It was fun," I say. I feel Loki's stare burning on me and I feel very uncomfortable. Steve finally comes up and nods at me. I stand up and walk by him, "Thank you."

"Where are you going?" Steve asks me.

"I don't know. I think I'll just go hang out in my room," I say.

"Why don't you stay? We can play a board game," Bruce says behind me. I sigh, seeing Bruce asking me to play. I walk back over to them and we sit around the table. Loki finally stops staring at me.

"What should we play?" Natasha asks.

"Monopoly," Clint says.

"We don't have enough game pieces," Steve says, grabbing the box.

"We can do teams of two," Natasha says.

"Uneven number," Thor says.

"I just won't play," I stand up.

"No, we can have one team of three," Bruce says.

"I'll be with Romanoff," Clint says.

"Do you, um, want to be partners?" Bruce asks me. I nod, my eyes glancing over to a jealous Loki. I sit beside Bruce.

"Loki and I will be partners!" Thor says boisterously. Loki doesn't look pleased.

"Steve can also be with us," Natasha says. Then we set up the game and choose game pieces. Bruce and I are the dog. We all put our figures at "GO" and figure out who goes first. Thor rolls the highest number on the dice and goes first.

"Loki, you can move us seven!" Thor says.

"Oh joy," Loki says and moves their ship seven spaces.