Messing Up

Before you start reading I just wanted to say a huge thankyou to everyone who's reading this story. I mean over nearly 3k views!? I never expected this sort of thing. Thank you, all of you, for reading and voting and commenting, and I promise I'll keep trying to write the best chapters that I can. Anyway, on to this chapter.

Yeosang glared harshly at Seonghwa, his mind urging him to spit out his next words, to protect himself and assure his current state of normality stayed safe and unchanged while he adjusted to this new life he'd been given to lead. Seonghwa looked confused, but didn't say anything as Yeosang collected himself.

"I said, I wish you'd leave me alone." Yeosang spoke again, his tone harsh and cold while inside he knew his actions were all fed by fear and a deep rooted instinct for self preservation that he saw as unchangeable. He knew in the end this was better for both of them, even if his eyes and mind were clouded by the thick fog of terror.

"Yeosang..." Seonghwa shifted from foot to foot, "I just want to be your friend."

"Look," Yeosang sighed, "just leave me alone. I don't want to be friends. I just want you to stay the fuck away from me, alright?" Yeosang growled, almost disappointed when Seonghwa only nodded his response.

"Of course. I'll just stay away then..." Seonghwa nodded slowly, turning and storming away, leaving Yeosang feeling this horrible twisting sensation in his stomach. This time, Yeosang didn't know what this feeling was, but it made him feel absolutely terrible. He almost felt as though he'd drank poison, the feeling seeping throughout his body while he did as he always did; numbed it.

Pain made you weak, so you lock it away.

Yeosang urged his feet to move, walking the way he'd come til he reached the compound. Things looked significantly different from when they'd landed. No trees had been cut, but the land had been tilled and seeds had been planted, so their crops were growing in the soil. And Atiny from multiple villages helped Got7 grow the crops, hence soon they would be good for harvest.

Yeosang had to get back quickly, his feet making very little sound as he sped through the halls to his room. Thankfully he was already dressed for the day, so he didn't have to do anything other than sling his backpack over his shoulder to get ready to go.

"Ok... so we need to brainstorm people." Hongjoong clapped his hands, facing them all with an inquisitive frown. "The Captain has said we all have to go today, so what do we do with Jongho?"

"Hide him here til we get back?"

"Wooyoung, really? He's barely over a year old."

"How about we leave him with someone?"

"No Mingi, no one can know about him."

"Then we take him with us." Yeosang said decisively, again removing his backpack and taking out all that he didn't need, like his food and notebooks, til there was enough room for Jongho to fit comfortably.

"Are you serious?!" Hongjoong's yell made Yeosang flinch involuntarily, "He could get hurt!"

"What other option do we have? He'll fall asleep in no time, and we can have the zipper slightly undone." Yeosang argued, lifting the already sleepy baby and smoothing the short hair on his little head before gently lying him amongst the items with his tiny baby blanket wrapped around his body. Immediately, Jongho's glowing eyes drifted closed, and Yeosang knew he was unlikely to awaken for a while. "I'll take him."

"Alright then... everyone get ready. We have to meet Monsta X in a few minutes. And we all know how Minhyuk gets when he thinks we're too late." Hongjoong ushered everyone out of the room, Yeosang checking on Jongho one last time before following behind all his teammates. When they met Monsta X at the entrance Minhyuk, predictably, made a comment about how long it took them to arrive. The Captain was also standing there, a stern look on his face as he glowered at Wooyoung. Yeosang noticed the way Hongjoong subtly walked in front of Wooyoung, as though trying to protect him silently and subtly.