Blue

He was standing in the rain. His clothes were wet, his equally wet hair covering his eyes. He was beautiful, everyone could tell. And he was waiting for someone. Ryan took a sip from his coffee. He was wondering, why he isn't coming in. He was only two steps away from the door. He was still hoping. The boy suddenly turned around. Ryan quickly glanced away. He was staring. A few seconds later the bell rung, above the door. Ryan didn't dare to look up, until he heard a voice next to him. 

"Can I sit here?"

His voice was angelic. Ryan slowly raised his gaze. He was more beautiful than when he first saw him, through the window. His eyes were chocolate brown. Ryan could tell, they held raw emotions and deep, very deep secrets. They matched with his hair. It was kind of messy, water still dripping from the hairbreadths. The boy smiled a bit, then asked him again. 

"Can I sit here?"

Ryan realized, he was staring again. His cheeks were rosy red. He quickly nodded, dropping his gaze down. The boy took a seat next to him, quietly ordering an espresso. After some time, he was the one breaking the silence.

"I'm Brendon" 

Ryan shot up his head, a little shocked. The boy, Brendon was talking to him. He didn't know whether to say his name or just keep staring at those beautiful eyes. They captured him, like a cage. But he liked it. 

"I'm...Ryan" 

Brendon was smiling again. Like sunshine, thought Ryan. It made him smile too. 

"Nice to meet you, Ryan" 

His name felt like honey, coming from Brendon's mouth.  It was a long time, since someone called him by his actual name. He couldn't remember, it felt that good. 

"You were waiting for someone" 

It was an accident. Before he could think, he already blurt it out. He didn't dare to look up. Tears slowly falling on the table. And Brendon didn't say anything. He messed it up. Again. Why can't he just keep his mouth shut. Brendon must think he's a witch or a stalker.
And then he heard it. Brendon was laughing. But it was a painful laugh. There was no happiness, just the raw sound trying to cover the pain. 

"Was it really that obvious?" 

Ryan just hung his head, muttering something under his breath, that no one could hear. Brendon sighed. It was painful too. 

"We had a fight. I was supposed to meet her here. I wanted to apologize but it looks like she doesn't wanna hear it." 

Ryan slowly raised his head. Brendon was crying. Ryan turned around, just for a second, and when Brendon looked at him again, Ryan held a rose in his hands. It was blue. 

"Blue represents sadness. But blue can represent what comes after sadness too." 

He took the rose. It was beautiful. And Brendon was smiling. It was worth it, Ryan was telling himself. He cracked a smile too, but it was a painful one. Brendon slowly got up from his chair, looking at Ryan, like he was the most interesting thing in the world. He was still holding the rose. 

"Thank you, Ryan" 

Ryan was still smiling, but he didn't say anything. Brendon was leaving. The bell rung, above the door. But when Brendon looked back, the table was empty. Only a blue rose was lying on the wood. And that was when Brendon realized, it wasn't raining anymore. The sky was blue. And Brendon cracked a smile. Blue wasn't so sad, after all.