Yellow

It was a beautiful summer afternoon. The trees were shining in green, flowers were blooming, and he was sitting in a park, watching all of this happening. Ryan stopped tracking time a while ago. He had no idea what the exact date was, but he liked it that way. It was calming. 
  Ryan looked up at the sky, just to catch the big, bright sun smiling down at him. It was a unique smile, Ryan decided. And that's when he heard the wedding bells. 
  He quickly looked behind him, but the sight in front of him made his heart sink. Black and white, people smiling, pink covering them, hiding them from Ryan's blue. Brendon was beautiful. And she was beautiful too. Everything was perfect. They were whispering, stealing kisses and laughing as nothing would matter, except them.  
  Ryan didn't realize his legs were moving closer to the two, until he almost stumbled upon someone's feet. The priest was smiling too, as they said their vows. They both had tears in their eyes, but this time there was no blue in there. Then the priest started talking again.

"Do you, Brendon Urie, take Sarah Orzechowski as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

"I do"

And Ryan's heart broke. He couldn't bring himself to stay any longer, especially, to hear the girl, Sarah, saying "I do" to the man he loved the most. Tears flowing down, as he was running, god knows where, just to escape from the burning ache in his heart. His lungs were giving up, he couldn't breath anymore, but he couldn't stop running, not now, not now when everything is already so messed up. His vision started to blurry, his eyes were watering, less from the crying, more from the lack of oxygen. He was seeing blue, then pink, then something else. It was yellow. It reminded him of Brendon, happiness, but it was filled with rejection, fakeness, with hope and with heartbreak. But it didn't matter, because it was him. It was Brendon. And Brendon was worth everything.
  Ryan suddenly stopped. The cold breez hitting his face, but he didn't care. He couldn't think straight anymore. His world was spinning, his lungs, his legs, his brain were giving up. And with a smile on his chapped, blue lips, he collapsed on the ground.  

  Brendon was standing on the balcony, looking down at the city. He just got married. He still couldn't completely process it. And suddenly, he felt an ache in his heart. It only lasted a second, but it was heavy, it was deep and it reminded him of something. Or rather, someone. He looked down at the city again. It was nighttime, it was Vegas, everything was blue, pink and yellow. Suddenly he felt two arms sliding around his waist. 

"What are you thinking about?" 

Brendon turned around with a smile on his lips. Sarah was beautiful. She was everything he could ever ask for. She was wearing a blue nightgown, her brown hair tucked behind her ears. Brendon felt his heart ache again. 

"I was thinking about how beautiful you are" 

And Sarah was laughing. Her laugh was beautiful too. He felt like the luckiest man in the world. 

"Come inside, it's getting cold out here. I don't want you to get sick on our first night!"

She giggled, as she started walking back into the room. 

"Hey, are you coming?"

Brendon looked down at the city again, his mind was racing, trying to find something, a place, a scent, a color, a name, a name, a name, a name, a name- 

"Yeah, yeah I am!"

The city was yellow, he decided. And his heart sink again. He forced a smile on his lips, as he shut the door behind him, walking into the room looking for his wife. 

He didn't see the rose lying on the balcony floor in its cold, sad, beautiful yellowness. 

They were destined to fall, after all.