《17

The overwhelming smell rushed out between my nose. It's been a long time I'd ever step my feet to the hospital. It felt somewhat unfamiliar to me. Lots of crying and groaning you could hear when I went through the corridor. 

"Where is Jaemin's room?" I asked my mother who were walking besides me. She looked a bit restless as the usual. She was busying search for something through her handbag. 

"We're near." She smiled to me weakly. 

And as soon as we arrived in front of Jaemin's room, my mother asked me to go first. When i opened the door, Jaemin was there lying on the bed. He was concious. But with the blood bank besides him, I knew he was still weak.

"Hyejin..." he murmured but i could hear him. My eyes teared up when I saw him looked this hopeless. I sobbed a little bit because everything was too hard to be true. Too hard to even accept the reality. This is the reality. I should've known about that.

"Hey? Why the sudden cry? Don't just standing right there. Come sit next to me." His face was scowling the moment he saw me crying but it lightened up after looking at my runny nose.

"Don't act as if I was going to die soon. I'm still alive okay?" He convinced me and chuckled a bit.

I took the seat and hold his hand immediately. "I know," my voice was really shaky and suddenly broke into tears. Again I cried. 

He then hold my hand tightly to carress it carefully. I knew i was too emotional. 

"It's okay to cry. But to see you like this a bit unusual for me. I know your love for me is too big." He teased but his gaze looked weak but promising. I chuckled under my tears. 

"I'm not going to stay in the hospital for any longer. I'll discharge soon. We could go back like we used to." 

"We can't Jaemin."

"Why is it?"

" Your father will surely blame me for making you like this. And if he find out about us being together again, isn't it bit too risky for us? My mother also. She never talk about that matter since you're in the hospital." 

Luckily my mother was still in the outside of the room. She was calling someone. Probably her husband. Well,it's the truth. It's not like his father was being cruel to us. He was a nice person. I knew he was really shocked to see his son being like this. I knew he had been through something like this before. Jaemin was the only son he had. He cared about Jaemin.

"But that will not going to stop me from loving you. So now i can't have anything in my life just for once?" he frowned while picking on his finger. 

"Y-you want me?" I stuttered as soon as he brought my hands to his chest.

"Yes until my heart stop beating. I always want you and love you. I want to take care of you. Shower you with lots of love. I know i'm romantic." He pecked a kiss on my hand and i was blushing just to his eyes locked on mine. His cockiness somewhat turned the mood down.

"Whatever you want. So, you'll try to convince them?"

"Did i say that?" He raised his eyebrow and smacked his arm immediately.

"You didn't but the way you said it as if you will try to convince them. Fine! I know i'm being delusional. I know it will never work and never happen."

"I'm kidding. Of course i will. We're not even blood related means that we can marry right?"

"M-marry? I think i need to get some air for a sec---" I was about to stand up from my seat but he pulled me to him. 

"Your face is so red if you want to know."

"Is it?" I groaned in embarrasment. I took out tissue from my bag besides me and started to wipe my face aggresively.

"Isn't it hot right now?"

"Yes it is since you are sitting besides a hot person."

"Hot? With a patient clothes,looking pale, i don't think it describes you well." I chuckled and he was pouting. 

"You know what Hyejin. After i discharge from hospital, promise me we'll fight for this together." He pulled out his pinky finger, asking me to intertwine it with mine.

"I promise."

We pulled our hands apart after the door was suddenly opened my by mother. We started to act like nothing happened that moment.

I will more appreciate if you guys click on the vote button🌟❤ Thanks to those who put this story on their reading lists💜