Hey, Batter Batter, Swing, Batter Batter!

The Blue Jay's and Rockets are tied 5-5 in the last inning, when Coach Chase calls up his star player; fifteen year old Blake Sloan. Blake walks up to the batters box, wearing his blue and gray baseball uniform and black helmet; he stares down at the pitcher. He looks left, then right and back at the pitcher. Blake swings fast to warm up before the pitch. He loves the feel of the bat in his hands and the way it feels when he swings. The pitcher throws a fast ball right down the center; Blake's favorite pitch. He hears the loud cracking sound the bat made as the ball is ripped deep into center field. It goes way back, way back, and everyone in the stands felt the same crack of the bat as Blake did; when he hit the ball. A small white speck in the blue sky, as it flies past the center fielder and he is running back, he is running back, running back he's to the wall, he jumps up and the ball bounces off the wall and Blake is rounding second base!

The center fielder finally fields the ball, and at that time the third base coach is sending Blake to home. The center fielder throws the ball to the cut off man, cut off man throws home. It's gonna be close. It's gonna be close and Blake slides into home, and he is Safe! He is safe! The Blue Jays win the game! The Blue Jay's win the game! Cheers can be heard throughout the ball park along with the smell of hot dogs, the taste of salty peanuts, and the chanting's of "Hey batter, batter, swing, batter batter! " You know...you've just experienced a great baseball game!

Savannah McCann ©